Wartime in the Vale, Ashdown WW2 Camp Evesham 25/26 Jun 2011

Papav66

Paul,

Hope to be there approx 8ish, depends on traffic etc (leaving Stoke between 5.30 and 6!!)

Rosie, hopefully see you saturday fingers crossed

TTFN

Mark

PS, was going to put "I will be the one with the green landrover", but I dont think that will work lol!!! Look for the landy flying the HMVF Flag off one of the aerials

OK will look for the green landrover then!!!!!!!!! :nut::nut::nut::nut:

I will be the one wearing the HMVF fleece and t-shirt and probably pink crocs!!!!!!

I will be the one wearing the HMVF fleece and t-shirt and probably pink crocs!!!!!!

Hello Rosie, look forward to meeting you, don't really want to admit in public but I love my crocs, they are so comfortable, see you soon, P

Hello Rosie, look forward to meeting you, don't really want to admit in public but I love my crocs, they are so comfortable, see you soon, P
They are the best thing since sliced bread hey? Have managed to get R Cubed in a pair to!!!!!!!!!

Will look forward to meeting you to Papa

Rosie/Richard,

I have your stuff ;)

Mark

Thats excellent!!! Thanks so much for doing that, will sneak round and collect it all when we get there on Saturday :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Looks like its going to be a good 3 hour journey up from here so early start tomorrow then!!! Got picnic stuff ready, will pack a bag with suncream and rain hats cos you never know!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you all. ;)

I'm gutted!!!:embarrassed:

Due to work changing the weeks excersize from two weeks time to Monday (told on Thursday) I'm not able to attend the show this year, as I'm starting very early on Monday and have to pack and get my kit sorted. It's too far to go just for one day. I'm not happy. I was really looking forward to the show. I didn't make the Wiltshire Steam Rally I was supposed to attend two weeks ago either due to the weather ragging it down with rain all weekend.

Sorry Paul for not giving you notice, but only found out Thursday about this change. I hope the show goes well and the weather smilles for you. I will be booking in for next year for sure.

Was a first time visitor on the Sunday. Enjoyed the event and the camp was very good. One thing though - were there more vehicles on the Saturday as there seemed to be less than the anticipated 300 on the Sunday with some of the listed tracked vehicles also being absent?

Was a first time visitor on the Sunday. Enjoyed the event and the camp was very good. One thing though - were there more vehicles on the Saturday as there seemed to be less than the anticipated 300 on the Sunday with some of the listed tracked vehicles also being absent?

In the end we had appx 340 mv's register with just over 300 turning up which is our highest attendance rate. With vehicles coming & going & some only for one of the days we probably had about 250 on site at any one time.

Yes we did only have 5 tracked vehicles, as there were problems / delays with the others due to attend.

Edited by Papav66

I've been to the show for the last two years and i think it gets better each time.

In a time of financial hardship for many and the high cost of fuel i think that the turn out of vehicles was very impressive

maybe the central location of the show helps. Anyway congrats to the organisers :-D