Oh Dear!

MiketheBike

Dear John Jack

My wife has started to say I should sell the Ferret as it is impractical for taking stuff to the tip and doing the shopping. She says I should get something more practical that I would use more often.

Is there any solution to my dilema, short of a shallow grave?

Yours,

Mick

Dear John Jack

My wife has started to say I should sell the Ferret as it is impractical for taking stuff to the tip and doing the shopping. She says I should get something more practical that I would use more often.

Is there any solution to my dilema, short of a shallow grave?

Yours,

Mick

Dear Mick,

Many thanks for your letter.

This is not a new problem and my post bag is full of such letters.

There is always a solution to a problem so please do not panic. Females are a strange thing and do respond well to TLC. You have two options a) romance b) money, you are going to have to throw one of those two things at it the problem - if it is a really bad case then be prepared to throw both options at it.

If this doesn't work then I am afraid you have no other option but for your pride and joy to go. Which I am sure you will be very sad about seeing as you married her.

I hope that is of help.

Jack.

There is another option that doesn't involve too much, put some cyanide in her Aquaban or favourite tipple. Might involve a short holiday at Her Majesty's pleasure but you will get 3 square a day, free TV, phonecalls and other services and your laundry will still be done for you etc.

I dont know about being nonpractical as I just saw on a reputable motoring website this comment "Best of all you can park absolutely wherever you want to, and you no longer have to worry about shopping-trolley rash at the super-market".

http://www.4wdonline.com/Mil/Ferret/Ferret.html

Dear Mick,

There is always a solution to a problem so please do not panic. Females are a strange thing and do respond well to TLC. You have two options a) romance b) money, you are going to have to throw one of those two things at it the problem - if it is a really bad case then be prepared to throw both options at it.

If this doesn't work then I am afraid you have no other option but for your pride and joy to go. Which I am sure you will be very sad about seeing as you married her.

I hope that is of help.

Jack.

:bow: Jack, you're the consummate agony uncle! :D

Does not a) end up costing b) anyway?

I believe you are correct there and some very simple maths proves it and does not help the situation.

A = B

In order to get B you need proceeds from C

C = ferret

This is a no win situation unless you can sell the wife.

In this case A is cancelled out and you are left with B which you can spend on C

Mike

Dear Jack,

I tried option a) when I bought the ferret, and she accused me of having an affair (not usually being the romantic type). When she found out the reason I was being romantic was that I had bought the ferret, she said she wished I was having an affair.

Maybe I should just trade it in for a 101 or Saracen, they are more practical right? At least I could live in one of those?

She thinks I am weird, and she is embarrased by the magazines in the loo. Should I tear the cover of an issue of FHM and staple it over my copy of Pathfinder?

Your in desperation

Mick

over here C is bad as they want 5 of them... or 5C's

Credit Card

Cash

Career (= you are rich)

Car (preferably a Mercedes)

Condominium

I think a more heavilly armoured vehicle could be more practical as can lock yourself inside with the Pathfinder magazine, with thick armour, some mood music you will be oblivious to the outside world

for the sake of a happy marriage I would recommend this http://www.milweb.net/webverts/54808/

Easy buy stowage cage that fits over rear of Ferret sngin deck Ie as fitted on Op Granby ect put all stuff for tip in then on way back stop at Tes++s and fill with shopping ;) then return to see look of delight in your PRACTICAL hobby vehicle:-D. If this fails take old carpet with ttachment to tip:blush: and put basket on E- bay as you wont need it any more as your shoping for 1:-D

Jackie and I have a Ferret, we've even been to Asda Shopping in it, we had no problem, just we had to watch out for badly driven cars driven by men in flat caps, or should I say they had to watch out for us.

Diana and Jackie....

Ps we wouldnt swop our Ferret for a man - no way!

Dear Mick,

I hope that is of help.

Jack.

Joking aside, it looks like the Ferret may have to go :(

So my last outing will be at Brooklands, and maybe have a couple of trips out weather permitting.

Upside is that I am allowed to replace with something more practical, so will be looking for a 101 of similar value.

Question is...what do I pitch the Ferret at? Thinking of putting it on ebay.

Joking aside, it looks like the Ferret may have to go :(

So my last outing will be at Brooklands, and maybe have a couple of trips out weather permitting.

Upside is that I am allowed to replace with something more practical, so will be looking for a 101 of similar value.

Question is...what do I pitch the Ferret at? Thinking of putting it on ebay.

Curious, why a 101? I do like them also but they have their quirks, what type of price range you looking at for a good one?

I liked my old 109, the 101 is a bit different to your run-of-the-mill landy, and its practical...at least I can use it through wnter.

I am guessing around the £5K mark.

I would love a Pinzgauer, but my budget just would not reach that far, they do seem a more robust animal

I guess I asked, as always liked 101's, especially a GS. Wanted to buy one before and got a Lightweight

My thoughts were you can sleep in the back if at a show or on a trip

Can't get them over here and it was blind luck on stumbling accross a Pinz which is really about the size of a 101

I think possibly the cheapest Pinz that I sent to UK went for 15k mind you that was a diesel (I have to say I dont sell them, it just gives me an excuse to visit the salvage yards here often to translate). The petrol ones are cheaper but are marginally more complicated than a 101 and I guess most parts, apart from diffs are fairly easy. I think before you could not get replacement chassis for 101's like all the other ones, has this changed?

Anyway best of luck, if you get a 101 I'll email the books over :D

Oh Mick NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

My misses started the same old ploy, about money and the fact I had a lot tied up in my jeep. So in the finish I got rid of the jeep to keep the peace, and then I gave her the elbow ten years latter for the same reason. So if you feel your being forced into selling your MV don't do it, you'll regret it in years to come.

Nige H