Coats

Mark

Question

7 answers to this question

how long is a piece of string, Mark..............................

from the (admittidly very )little paint preperation, I've done, I have found time spent in the preperation, rubbing down, etc, pays hansomly in the long run..............

also, if you've the luxury of a dry wind free enclosed space to paint,.............Jack will probably come round and wee through your letterbox :naughty:, it does make the whole buisness a lot easier;...........(who said that it should be easy)

How many did you put on last time ?? - how did it last ??

are you going to the next contender for the 'hmvf what colour green competition'....... :-D

This something I know a thing or to about :mrgreen:

I uses one coat of oxide and then two coats of OD and used a roller and the results were first class. ( please see the coming articles of the coming months in CMV - book early to avoid dissapointment :wink:)

This something I know a thing or to about :mrgreen:

I uses one coat of oxide and then two coats of OD and used a roller and the results were first class. ( please see the coming articles of the coming months in CMV - book early to avoid dissapointment :wink:)

Call me slow :roll: (at me) , I've just twigged that it's your truck in CMV.

The paint on my Landy was sprayed by the lads here at work (where we are lucky enough to be able to bake it) I spent a good month preparing then the kind chaps sprayed over a weekend, 1 coat primer then 2-3 topcoats depending on area and coverage, even after baking though, because it was a single pack paint it was still quite soft and I gave it a fortnight before it had fully hardned off enough to withstand some clambering over.

When I repainted mine the original finish (French Army)was fairly good. I rubbed off the last coat they had put on in 1976 and underneath it was fairly sound. Once it was flatted back I sorted out the rusted areas with rust stopper covered with oxide and then put two coats of Nato green on it. The paint was oil based from R&R I used Jacks roller method which worked fine.

I did most of this during last winter and the cold and damp has a horrendous effect on the paint drying :shake: You think it never will . I think that the fact that the metal was also v/cold didnt help. If your going to do it without a warm dry garage or shed I would wait until spring. It may be OK if you live in the tropical south but not here on the tundra.

Good luck

Centurion