Morris C8

WW1 truck ID

Having the radiator there does help.

When it's only a pile of parts and and or a chassis that it takes time to put a manufacturers name to an object.

Doug

I have this photo & neg of this truck, any one ID it. think is says Radefield on the rad?

I have got one of these trucks it is no doubt a ww1 pagefield will put up some pictures in the next week or so.

Great news. I look forward to seeing a picture of it. I know of an unrestored chassis offered for sale a few years ago but didn't think that there would be any complete survivors left.

I have got one of these trucks it is no doubt a ww1 pagefield will put up some pictures in the next week or so.

Now that is something I REALLY look forward to. I have only seen old black and white images of them so far. :)

No! With "LOAD NOT TO EXCEED 3 TONS" on the lorries, it's clearly a Britsh dump. A Peerless up front then a couple of FWDs.

Ah, but look at the body types on the FWD's. Both have US steel ammunition body. There seems to be a mixture of US and British trucks there.

I doubt it's a US dump, I've not seen anything about the USA repatriating wrecks. Difficult to see but my money would be on Kempton Park.

Thought i would put these photos up that arrived in the post today. Think they are post war RAF trucks and planes. All came in one lot.

Keith

raf car truck.jpg

raf plane.jpg

raf crash.jpg

On the previous photo I would say that it was the US Army Motor Reconstruction park probably at Verneuil. I can see US Army FWD's and other trucks with US style brush guards. The third FWD from the right which despite having a British style body has a US QMC symbol on the side. The Peerless has British markings as Alan says but the AEF used a fair few of these purchased from the British.

Thought i would put these photos up that arrived in the post today. Think they are post war RAF trucks and planes. All came in one lot.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Looks to be part of the Australian Flying Corps. Only the Aussies had slouch hats like those ones pictured.

Regards Rick.

This came in the post to day and an odd looking truck in the background . ww1 French trucks , looks like british cammo from ww2 on the first one..

Keith

french truck ww1 kb.jpg

french truck ww1 background.jpg

40 minutes ago, Morris C8 said:

Bought this photo the other day, taken in India in 1931.

Keith

1931 PHOTO INDIA DEVONSHIRE REGIMENT SOLDIERS MARCH DRIVE TRUCKS.jpg

I would say these are not WW1 lorries as they are 6-wheelers. My guess is late Twenties Thornycrofts.