If only a rebuild was as quick as this......

Lord Burley

This was obviously the result of loads of practice and the oh well syndrome.

How you say.

Well everytime you take something apart and put it back together there is always a few nuts and bolts lefy over.

Rather than try and find where they should go you jyst say "Oh well" and throw them away.

Do it enougth times and any strip down and rebuilt can be that quick.

Mike

• 8 months later...

Well, as one from the shores of where that and its cousin the other "Jiffy Jeep" are both from I managed a few weeks ago to actually get up close and personal with the guys and one gal from the Canadian Forces Electrical and Mechanical School at Borden near Toronto while they did a display in Ottawa a couple of weekend ago and took a whole slew of pictures on my spankingly new digital camera.

Now all I have to do is go through the resizing process as the file sizes are over limit, I'm well aware of that thread and have been mucking around with a couple of pictures already.

I can confirm that there was a liquid in the radiator but they use hydraulic disconnects and an aircraft one for the few remaining electrics.

The chassis has been tricked out with quick release pins for the spring shackle and all other manner of cheats like two cones on the chassis that locate the body and jack stands that mate into holes in the chassis and lifting poles that slide through the engine and gearbox for lifting. The poles stow into trays on chassis rail sides over the rear wheel arch.

Oh its a clever piece of kit and draws a suitable crowd but it definently wont be going on the public roads.

The windscreen is so clear, until you realise there is no glass in it!

As I say, once I get the photos done I will put them up.

Robin

I was wondering if the springs etc... where secured with 'pip-pins'.

Didn't think about the quick release couplings on the cooling system though, I just asumed that due to the short distances involved they hadn't bothered.

I take it the prop-shaft connection is merely a splined affair?

Be interesting to see those photos.

Smiler.