Today's mystery objects 3

fv1609

I wasn't sure if we had lost you on the way & I was flogging a dead goat. Anyway it was Neil's fault he asked what the answer was! & I fell for it & gave the game away.

OK here is new chance for you to excel. It is awaiting restoration, 80% complete. Now there is a prize the winner gets to have it :lol:

It is British I found it in Potters I think 15 years ago but never got round to restoring it.

3THING.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

OK here is new chance for you to excel. It is awaiting restoration, 80% complete. Now there is a prize the winner gets to have it :lol:

It is British I found it in Potters I think 15 years ago but never got round to restoring it.

Clive,

Does this include the badly decayed door behind :-P I worry the the prize might be a dead goat or half a can of disenfectant.

Richard

Clive,

Does this include the badly decayed door behind :-P I worry the the prize might be a dead goat or half a can of disenfectant.

Richard

Ah well you obviously don't know what it is if you have resorted to criticism of my front door. It was never the same after it got hit by 6 tons of Humber.

No, the prize is the object itself. This time no more Mr Niceguy & giving the answer away until it has been answered correctly.

Why are you after a dead goat then? You are a bit late I'm afraid all the good looking ones have been allocated to the Dorset boys :roll:

Come on chaps! Are you being slow because you don't actually want to win it?

Here are some clues. The main frame is upside down. The nobbly bit in the middle of the cross fits into the lower part of the middle bit of the 3 pronged bit on the ground.

Like me, it is only about 35 years old :roll:

Come on chaps! Are you being slow because you don't actually want to win it?

Here are some clues. The main frame is upside down. The nobbly bit in the middle of the cross fits into the lower part of the middle bit of the 3 pronged bit on the ground.

Like me, it is only about 35 years old :roll:

Well - that dates it at circa 1971 - just before my time...

Wild, wild stab in the dark (no quoting Blackadder II back please..) - is it part of a field kitchen???

Clive,

The other piece laying on the ground in the first photo, would it have three little wheels fitted to it? If so then the other bit with handle on had a type of mirror on it and maybe a lamp attached to the other bracket to shine on to the mirror. For inspecting underside of vehicles.

Richard

It would have been too obvious seen this way:

3thing05.jpg

Lee was the first one there, yes it is/was a wheeled security mirror.

Richard was there with the detail. The base had a glass mirror (as opposed to polished metal versions). The base & frame articulated against the base frame that had 3 wheels.

The bracket halfway up the frame had tapped hole for retaining bolts that allowed the Bardic 3-colour lantern to be screwed in place to illuminate the mirror.

I have a close up picture of one in use in NI, but blessed if I can find it.

Anyway Lee, when are you going to collect this thing & restore it?

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired