Lockheed brake servo

john wheatley (R.I.P.)

Question

10 answers to this question

John, yes it is a bit of a fiddle to set up unless of course you bought a whole batch of them you wanted to test :roll:

It is either a test rig or fit in the vehicle or take it apart meticulousy & inspect to see if it is all gummed up or corroded or the rubbers have perished or gone hard.

But why do you want a servo? Did your never have one? What sort of MV is it? How do other owners of the same vehicle cope? Presumably the army managed ok? Is it really worth all the hassle?

Chris, just seen your post. It is the very same. I bought 8 last year from another dealer. I have to wonder how many were "Stored vertically"?

I did wonder why these servos should be stored vertically, yet they're always installed horizontally. It also seems a bit daft to put the storage instructions on the servo, in a sealed box, and not on the outside of the box!

Chris

I know these fit Ferret and Fox. I had to change one after accidently connecting it up to the heater outlet on a CVRT J60 :|

Chris,

A word of warning regarding using cylinders when the intended vehicle use is not known. The Fox and Ferret Mk4 and 5 uses mineral oil, and the Ferret Mk2 and Humber uses sythentic brake fluid. There could be a problem if the servo was used on the wrong application. Generally a cylinder for use with mineral oil, has a green plastic tag on it or some light green paint on the cylinder.

Richard