Help, scammell s26 power steering bleeding

arranwhit123

Hi

Could anyone please help me with the power steering on my S26 SLDT,

The problem started after the vehicle had been left standing for a while, when at a T-junction and turning left the steering goes really really heavy about half way to full lock, it turns right fine.

So I had a look in the old manual which suggested the steering box was at fault, as I had another S26 that turns fine I swapped the boxes and guess what the fault is still there,

I don't think it is the power pump as surely it would do it when turning right also?

I've checked the King Pins etc and all moves freely ball joints are all OK, hydraulic levels fine, (have changed the fluid and filter)

Now I'm thinking it could be as simple as an air lock, so how do you bleed the system??? I've jacked the vehicle up taking the wait off the wheels and with the engine running turned from lock to lock 10 times with no difference, do I need to crack the high pressure pipe from the pump to the box with engine running to bleed?

Any help would be great as i'm stuck/lost!

Regards, Arran