Good to see you're not leaving the planning to the last minute but have allready started.

If possible I'll be there.....gift bag?

Better be there.

Planning - yes kind of -not sure that it is always for the best because you can 'over' work such things.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so does that mean you are leading the convoy on your harley wla 45 with a whistle permanently attached to your lips and a t shirt saying this is my army

Pretty much Nigel, yeah!!! I just want to be able to wizz up and down the convoy to make sure I get to see everything next time :computerrage:

• 1 month later...
if as it says in cmv this month 2010 could be the last tanks in town I hope you ar ready for a big influx of armour for 2012 Jack

Nigel

Tell me about it Nigel - many Europeans have been in touch already :sweat:

Not too sure what we have started here....

Edited by Jack
typo

so the list will start with the 3 shermans from this years a and e plus the 6 from Mons this years 9 halftracks plus all those from Europe and a couple of m26 pacifics then,that lot should be interesting in the lanes around maiden Newtonand the residents of Martinstown are going to panic let alone the horses.

ps might need a few more bikes cos getting past that lot in the lanes is gonna be impossible

Nigel

bring it on!

Damn it!! i was planning on going to Tanks in Town as a spectator next year. I've yet to get the latest mag, do they give any reason for it being the last? I thought it was hugely popular with everyone in Mons for the amount of money it brought in.

Richard

Damn it!! i was planning on going to Tanks in Town as a spectator next year. I've yet to get the latest mag, do they give any reason for it being the last? I thought it was hugely popular with everyone in Mons for the amount of money it brought in.

Richard

I think they say it every year Richard so we will have to wait and see.

so the list will start with the 3 shermans from this years a and e plus the 6 from Mons this years 9 halftracks plus all those from Europe and a couple of m26 pacifics then,that lot should be interesting in the lanes around maiden Newtonand the residents of Martinstown are going to panic let alone the horses.

ps might need a few more bikes cos getting past that lot in the lanes is gonna be impossible

Nigel

bring it on!

Well the line up will be bigger than this years that's for sure - how big I am not to sure but it really isn't about size its about the quality.

Wouldn't want it to become so big that it just all breaks down as then everyone is in for a bum weekend.

This is why I am going to do invite only as then Kev and I can control the numbers.

Feedback I have been working with is to make sure everyone is in 40's kit just HBT's overalls like I was wearing is good enough. The feedback is that for a better impression we need to strip everything off the vehicles like MVT D-Day plates, flags etc etc - I like that idea so am going to run with it.

hi jack

i like the ideea of authenticity, if you're gonna do it you might aswell look the part.

is there any room for a cromwell and bren gun carrier in that convoy, i will give you first choice on drivers or commanders position in either one, this is a genuine offer and i'm not sucking up(no really)i'm just showing my appreciation for your efforts.

all the best

eddy

hi jack

i like the ideea of authenticity, if you're gonna do it you might aswell look the part.

is there any room for a cromwell and bren gun carrier in that convoy, i will give you first choice on drivers or commanders position in either one, this is a genuine offer and i'm not sucking up(no really)i'm just showing my appreciation for your efforts.

all the best

eddy

Absolutely eddy! Would be great to have you there (bit more sucking up could of been done but not to worry now) do you think the Cromwell will be running?

hi jack

i can see no reason why the cromwell wouldn't be ready for the middle of next year as it seemed in remarkably good condition. so much so that i wouldn't be surprised if you could bump start it with a bit of fresh fuel in the carb. as for the upper armour, turret and ring to bring it to cromwell spec that will be taken from the centaur so shouldn't pose too many problems to bring up to speed externally, internally i doubt it'll be ready but who cares as long as it drives. i'd like to take it to beltring next year along with the carrier so if you see me there you'll know a&e won't be a problem.

all the best

eddy

Edited by eddy8men

hi jack

i can see no reason why the cromwell wouldn't be ready for the middle of next year as it seemed in remarkably good condition. so much so that i wouldn't be surprised if you could bump start it with a bit of fresh fuel in the carb. as for the upper armour turret and ring to bring it to cromwell spec that will be taken from the centaur so shouldn't pose too many problems to bring up to speed externally, internally i doubt it'll be ready but who cares as long as it drives. i'd like to take it to beltring next year along with the carrier so if you see me there you'll know a&e won't be a problem.

all the best

eddy

Hopefully you'll get it ready for Beltring.

Like to see it in the flesh when I visit the show again.

Feedback I have been working with is to make sure everyone is in 40's kit just HBT's overalls like I was wearing is good enough. The feedback is that for a better impression we need to strip everything off the vehicles like MVT D-Day plates, flags etc etc - I like that idea so am going to run with it.

I second Jacks firm line on vehicle and personnel apearances, there is nothing worse than seeing a well restored MV that has poppys, D-Day 44/99 , flags etc spoiling its looks. Things like number plates can be made removable or hidden with kit ie musset bags etc, and before the PC correct wingers shout at me for instigating others to break the law , I am not, I am just saying you can bend it a bit to suit the situation and make for more authentic photos.

I have never run my Sherman with number plates on, but I have magnetic ones inside to put on if asked (Sorry officer I forgot to put them back on after a photo shoot.....)

Regarding personal kit/clothing, I worked out out It would cost about £190-00 to get kitted out head to toe in US clothing ( probably British would be similar prices). Thats about £2-50 a week between now and A+ E 2012, or 1 pint of beer a week. Not forgetting Christmas and birthday presents.

We all go to great efforts to turn our vehicles out as authentic as possible so why dont we do the same for our own appearance.

Jim.

Edited by Marmite!!
Quote tags added