Fake Snatch.

LoggyDriver

Sort of know how Andy feels here. I have a 1943 Ford Jeep that i took to a few shows and no one even stopped to look at it. I thought i must do something different to it. So did this after having a rummage around in the company archive.

It seemed to cause a bit of a stir at the time:blush: But funny all the less. Lost count of the times people have said that we never used them. Agree with the Hotchkiss's etc are the "follow me" replica's critisised? The first year at Beltring it won best runner up jeep(was told nice to see something different) I portray it as a replica! but do admit to tell the odd anorak that it was donated by Monty himself to the AA after a patrol man helped him out in Normandy:-D Funny how many people think its true but cough to it 99% of the time

Oh and buy the way I too have raised a few quid for H4H the Disco in the pictures (also a replica)was used on the recent H4H rally(www.h4hrally.co.uk) in a support roll (with AA guys manning it) and bought and paid for by the teams manning it and was sold after the event, with all the money going to H4H.

:whistle:

Tony

Tonys mobile 390.jpg

Tonys mobile 389.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a barrel of laughs aren't you, it's a fair attempt and probably has a few civi's fooled,LOOK at his pics on the link, he obviously gets donations for Help for Hero's using this vehicle so it was worth doing as far as he's concerned.

Lighten up blokes, Jesuuuuuus.:yawn:

Absolutely right ! he obviously wanted one and well done for giving it a go ! hes just seen them on the tv and thought ill do one of those they look great no one else has got one and dived in his tool shed and hey pressto he built one to his liking... But he shouldnt say to everyone that its a genuine but a replica agreed !

Apart from the wheel and tyre issue arent snatches v8 or was it just the early ones on the streets of ni that drank petrol and made lovely throaty noises and did those v8s arrive in iraq in 2003 ? and what lump is in the later ones Just out of curiosity !

All original Snatches are V8's.

Yes there are lots of "fake - replica" vehicles on the show scene. The vehicle that this thread was aimed at was this Snatch, not the hundreds of others. The issue was the information board that was misleading, not the vehicle. This has been resolved if you have read the whole thread, so I fail to see why it's being dragged up again???

• 1 month later...

A nice and fair response Andy. I have always had an interest in military vehicles from a child and finally at the age of 57 I have now got a REPLICA jeep made by Mahindra, it has been converted by the previous owner to be a REPLICA WWII Willys Jeep. It cost me under 3 grand and I am very pleased with it.

I also hope to assist the RBL and H for H charities raise some money and offered them the use of 'Minnie' at any events. Unfortunately I have been accosted by a 'spotter' who took great delight in telling me what was 'wrong' with my Jeep without me given chance to explain, I must say that I found it somewhat annoying and made me reconsider whether it was worth the hassle taking my REPLICA Jeep to any event but Andys story has made me more determined to continue.

I wish I was in the position to afford a genuine WWII vehicle but I have to make do with what I have got.

Live and let live.

Stewart. Proud owner 'Minnie' a REPLICA jeep.

1.jpg

Are those the ones who, when they own a vehicle, spend hours cleaning inside the exhaust pipe, polishing tyre tread and trailer it everywhere?

Quite a nice looking jeep and a good 'cheap' way of doing it. If it works for you and happy, who cares as long as honesty prevails.

Mike

looks very nice as long as your happy with it thats all that matters:)

Agree with that 100%

When I was looking for a 110 I looked at a few ex mil 110's, but they were top dollar.

I paid £600 for my current 110, fitted mil lights, mil bumper and side compartment doors. I often see the rivit counters looking at it at shows and they can't quite work it out!:embarrassed:

A nice and fair response Andy. I have always had an interest in military vehicles from a child and finally at the age of 57 I have now got a REPLICA jeep made by Mahindra, it has been converted by the previous owner to be a REPLICA WWII Willys Jeep. It cost me under 3 grand and I am very pleased with it.

I also hope to assist the RBL and H for H charities raise some money and offered them the use of 'Minnie' at any events. Unfortunately I have been accosted by a 'spotter' who took great delight in telling me what was 'wrong' with my Jeep without me given chance to explain, I must say that I found it somewhat annoying and made me reconsider whether it was worth the hassle taking my REPLICA Jeep to any event but Andys story has made me more determined to continue.

I wish I was in the position to afford a genuine WWII vehicle but I have to make do with what I have got.

Live and let live.

Stewart. Proud owner 'Minnie' a REPLICA jeep.

For a WW2 Jeep it does look all wrong.

However for a generic military jeep replica its not that bad.

• 1 month later...
Agree with that 100%

When I was looking for a 110 I looked at a few ex mil 110's, but they were top dollar.

I paid £600 for my current 110, fitted mil lights, mil bumper and side compartment doors. I often see the rivit counters looking at it at shows and they can't quite work it out!:embarrassed:

Nowt wrong with your Landy Rambo, just paint it back to the sand and green mate hehehe...

Agree with that 100%

I once considered getting a Skoda convertable, but I didnt want anyone to think I was driving a Skip..............:angel: