Tiger

Willyslancs

I built the Tamiya Tiger 1 about 7 years ago ... Bl**dy expensive for what it was!

Some of the £70 quid ebay ones look like they've ripped off the castings and are a fraction of the cost... not quite as good but can be made more than presentable with a little work.

I built the Tamiya Tiger 1 about 7 years ago ... Bl**dy expensive for what it was!

Some of the £70 quid ebay ones look like they've ripped off the castings and are a fraction of the cost... not quite as good but can be made more than presentable with a little work.

The Accurate Armour ones are much better but have a price tag to match.

So how many guys are here are going to be building there own Tiger Tank? (magazine advert on telly tonight )

Looks like it will be very good detail 1/16 i think ......

Far too dear, you can get a Trumpeter King Tiger in 1/16th (and a much better kit) for under £350!

The part work one is poor, which can be gleaned from the website http://www.ww2tigertank.com/. The insides seem to be obtained by scaling up the old 1/35th Academy kit and though they have changed a few things, they have made some of them worse. It needs a lot of fixing to made an accurate model, it's an early Tiger interior in a late Tiger exterior for start.

The outside is better, but again not perfect. Apparently the manufacturer has already received complaints about providing the wrong type of track and has promised to change that. I also notice the wrong kind of loader's hatch, upside-down vision ports, bad profile on the turret and turret bin, a front spade that shouldn't be there, etc. etc.

It's also moulded in an odd ABS plastic, not your usual kit plastic and the parts look very crude, especially at the price.

jch

Edited by jchinuk

At Beltring I bought one of those chinese henglong Tigers. 40 GBP.

Good fun. especially when considering I drove it through sand, snow and overturend it and more.

Its missing one of the wheelassembies and more damage.

But then again, lots of fun for little money....

th_ArdennenVakantie2008230.jpg

(NOTE, the giggling at the end isn't me).

Edited by Enigma

I bought a sand coloured one of the 'Henglong' Tigers a few years back, it even had engine/gun/machine gun sound effects, and generates it's own 'exhaust' fumes from a small oil-soaked heating element, buried inside it's back-end, quite convincing too, especially if you use a little drop of diesel or WD-40, or good old 3-in-1 oil, in place of the supplied 'substance'... not sure if it was light sewing machine oil or soap liquid, but still lots of fun for £70!:cool2:

I doubt I'll be going for the bit-by-bit Tiger, the 'Combat Tanks' magazine is using up my excess pennies at the moment, next on the list is the Kit-Form Saracen Mk 5 kit, (-which my lovely girlfriend:shocked:, has promised me as part of my engagement present!, lucky me!:cool2:)

I bought a sand coloured one of the 'Henglong' Tigers a few years back, it even had engine/gun/machine gun sound effects, and generates it's own 'exhaust' fumes from a small oil-soaked heating element, buried inside it's back-end, quite convincing too, especially if you use a little drop of diesel or WD-40, or good old 3-in-1 oil, in place of the supplied 'substance'... not sure if it was light sewing machine oil or soap liquid, but still lots of fun for £70!:cool2:

Still advertised, http://www.modelzone.co.uk/smoke_sonds_bb_firing_rc_tiger_1-details.htm

jch