LCT - LST - Landing Craft

amamoz

Studying the pictures and the satelite image it is possible to work out just exactly where LCT 7074 is. She has been moved to the northern side of the the pier/pontoon which is why I couldn't work out the relationship to Mersey Ferries.

lct satelite image.jpg

H1HU

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shes still there and not changed much from foto. Went there this morning, gates open so went along side her. Just a bit of the landing doors showing (ramp?) and the stern cabin and funnel above the water line. Very sad to see her in this state, even for a none boaty like me!! Only had my broke fone with me and couldnt take pics. Picked up my new repaired fone this afternoon and was passing but gates locked.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good luck with trying to deal with Peel ports,not sure if anyone followed HMS Plymouth but to cut a long story short they sold that for scrap threw a company they set up just for it, once ship went to Turkey they wound the company up so not to leave a paper trail.

They are only interested in profit and not our heritage to them they are just scrap!!!

Shame to see 7074 in that state. My Dad was skipper of 7073 on D-Day and after. Unfortunately that was scrapped after he was demobbed. He saw her in the breakers and was too upset to ask for the wheel or Bell, it was one of his big regrets.

At least we have some charts and other stuff from the day.

Dave