Damyns Hall.

How many from here going??. I would have taken a vehicle but i haven't booked in,and don't want to be turned away at the gate, so i will be going by car. It was a very good show last year when i took the Ferret. Looking forward to it.

I would'nt worry to much about not having your mv booked in, I spoke to colin tebb at w+p and told him I had not recieved my booking in forms and he said it would be ok just to turn up.

You can just turn Up and book in your military Veh on the days SAT 7th or SUN 8th, its FREE if you are bringing a Military Veh in to the show. You can still book in Via the website and download a form and bring it along or get one there. I will be there tonight.

Keith Brooker

I would'nt worry to much about not having your mv booked in, I spoke to colin tebb at w+p and told him I had not recieved my booking in forms and he said it would be ok just to turn up.
I thought they were very strict on vehicle entry. Now made plans to come as MOP,as i am at Aylesford eary sat morning with the Cerbera for a rolling road tune. Was going to make my way straight there after.

I thought they were very strict on vehicle entry. Now made plans to come as MOP,as i am at Aylesford eary sat morning with the Cerbera for a rolling road tune. Was going to make my way straight there after.

You could always ring the shows hotline and ask if its ok to turn up and book in on arrival - Tracy Brew 07551282459

I think the vehicle entry criteria is to produce your certificate of insurance on arrival.

I'll be there from 'oh my god it's early o'clock' on Saturday with my Dodge, along with Mark Payne (MP Restorations) in the GMC 353 and Ken Clay, who is filming/photographing the entire weekends event (Ken's a TV camerman).

Mark and I will be putting on the 9th USAAF Armorer and Aviation Mechanics display - hence why we need a Dodge and GMC to haul everything. In truth, this is our first year, so whilst we have a lot of equipment and aircraft parts, panels, etc.... it's still work in progress.

However, we have borrowed a C-47 (minus outer main wings) and this arrived by low-loader this morning....:D

We're going. Last year we were unable to book in in time but we were told there wouldn't be a problem. On the day we turned up in the jeep and some smiling faces directed us to where we needed to be! Not a problem.

Great day! :-D Looking forward to this years.

Jon

Well after putting this thread up. I couldn't make it in the end. Had problems with the re-map on the car,so didn't leave till 2.30. Too late to make it in the end. Was there any sort of flying display this year??. Hope you all had a good time. Anyone got any pics?.

Yes was quite impressed with the amount of armour on display at the show. Especially given the size and location of the arena. I first said to Griff66, no that's just the arena for the living history displays, they'll have somewhere else for the vehicles since it looks far too small for the vehicles to turn around in the circuit :D Well that was true for the M26 which had to just "park" in the middle and let all the smaller vehicles buzz around it:-D

We had a fantastic weekend. Damyns is quickly becoming one of our 'mandatory' shows each year, having been for the past 3 years and it just gets better and better.

Saturday:

Early morning light rain and some heavy showers early evening didn't put a dampener on the event. A huge selection of vehicles, but importantly not all jeeps and Landrovers - there was a very varied selection on display. As always at this event, everyone friendly - re-enactors, public, officials, etc, etc...

Personal Highlight of the day: BBMF Lanc display

" Highlight of the evening: Sharing a bottle of 20+ year old 'Eau De Vie' (Breton Calvados) with anyone who stopped by our camp.

Sunday:

Weather dry, sunny and warm. The public flocked to the event in their thousands, causing long tailbacks on local roads. Had a suprising number of veterans from postwar conflicts coming up and telling stories about postwar Jimmy use. Same as the Saturday, a huge and varied selection of vehicles to see.

Personal Highlight: B-17 Sally B

If I was making awards for 'biggest effort of the weekend', then Gavin Copeman and his crew would get it. Not taking anything away from the other excellent displays and the MVT organisation with this, but considering Gavin brought his M-26 Dragon Wagon and Sherman to this 'local' event, requiring 3 x low-loaders (or 3 return trips), the logistical effort deserves an award by itself. It was also great to see a unique combination of Transporter and Tank at my local show.

IMHO, Damyns Hall is one of the leading events on the MV calendar and next year we'll be setting up from Friday - just so we get a little more time there. Well done to everyone involved - superb weekend, thoroughly enjoyed by everyone I spoke to.

I was there with my WOA2. I've never been to the show before as it's a fair way to get to for me, but I will go again. Highlights for me were the Lancaster, B17 and the Spitfire. Not a too crowded show and a good atmosphere. Even the Saturday evening music was acceptable. Toilet block was a million miles better than another local show I went to last month.

The Road Run to Fords was a bit of a let down, but enjoyable. Perhaps try again?

P8073649.jpg

Wartime radio display

P8073652.jpg

French Cafe display

P8083726.jpg

Luftwaffe planes being checked over

P8073668.jpg

My WOA2 back at Ford, where it was built.