New Member Account Activation Delay...

Marmite!!

Sorry to the new members who are having to wait a bit to have their accounts activated, we are having a big spammer attack at the moment & it's taking quite a while weeding them out..

If I happen to let a spammer slip through the net use the report post button on the page & I'll ban them, it's getting harder to spot them as they are using UK & other legit email addresses..

Cheers Lee

• 1 month later...
I cannot understand why they do it ?

Because it just takes one person out of thousands to fall for it and they make a mint. Even the most attentive person can take his eye off the ball for a split second and click the wrong link - I did last month, and I am a staff software engineer in the IT department of one of the world's corporations.

I saw an internal ad for a particular Mazda belonging to a friend, couldn't picture what it looked like, googled, saw a decent thumbnail, clicked to enlarge. "You need to update Flash." I have seen this message so many times recently that I clicked update and continue before my brain could register that the update was signed by "unknown" and not "Adobe" and bang, a non-damaging (as it happens) but impossible-to-work-making virus was in.

You're doing a grand job keeping them out: keep it up.