Armourers Display At Beltring (If your interested?)

For those of you who MAY, be interested?

For those who do not know me, I am an Ex Service Armourer Sergeant. With MANY Years expierience of my trade. I have been through a Military training Program to the highest standards attainable. I was at one time Stationed at the Prodigous School of Infantry, & worked on, & looked after the British Armys Small Arms Collection held there. I have been involved in the original Trials at ITDU there with the Original SA8o.

When I Left the Service after quite a few years. I also served in the Metropolitain Police after leaving the Army.

I then worked for a Small Arms Manufacturing Company for 12 years, Producing .50" Calibre Browning MG's, 81mm L16 Mortars, & also L7 GPMG's, Mountings, Tripods Etc.

I have been closely involved in Testing & Design & Development Work also.

Have also been involved in Filmwork as an aside.

I will be attending W&P with a Living History, REAL Armourers Display. This will consist of my RL & MOBAT A/T Gun, an Armourers Field Worshop chest & combined workbench. All Tools, Gauges & associated Items with my Trade.

This will be a working display with actual Small Arms repairs & Adjustments being effected on site. I am offering a Repair Service for those who may be interested. And also any problems on site with blank firers, Live (Legal!) Deactivated Etc. Associated Mountings & Appurtences also catered for! Come & see me if you want to talk Guns, Bayonets, Have a Problem, Need a repair or Diagnostic Inspection. I will have a limted supply of spares (Legal Only!) on site with me.

Or if you just want to talk Green Things Etc, My Charge is: Bring a Lager with you! (Only joking, But it WOULD be nice! :D) Plot NO:97.

I look forward to seeing as many of you Forum Members, as would wish to come & visit me! :thumbsup: Best Regards: Mike.

mike i will bring my 9mm browning blank firer to you as the service pin has got stuck so will see you there

David, You will be most wellcome. Pistols are a speciality of mine. :-)

I will be pleased to meet you & shake your hand

(Along with anyone else who wishes to avail themselves of my company!) :D

Mike.

Mike - don't let him mention Cooks trailers. And make sure he has had a shave - or don't serve him.

Oh Christ Mark! Has anyone told him Armourers are responsible for Portable Burners as well! :wow:

(As well as: Bicycles, Swords,Lances,Bayonets,Vehicle gun mountings, Smoke dischargers, Fitting Radios in CO's Wives cars, Making mechanisems for dolls to jump out of cakes for Brigadiers Birthday parties, Etc, Etc, & ANYTHING the CO of a Regiment thinks the Battalion Armourer SGT Can do with his mystical powers of wonderment!! :nut:

AND, If he hasnt' had a shave, he will be tapping the boards on CO's orders on Monday!

Mike

Edited by ferretfixer

Mike,

I would love for you to have a look at my No5 Jungle carbine, thik it needs some help.

Any rumour that i have a beer belly and might go pop on an airplane are spurious.

R

Robin, Enfield Rifles are no problem! Bring yourself & your Belly over Sir! :D

Mike

Well, To date. I have had a large number of Emails from potential visitors to the proposed display. This is heartwarming, because as well as Attempting to CORRECTLY Educate People. I am pleasantly suprised at the amount of Friendly approaches towards this field of Interest.

Advice costs nothing, & if I am able to help someone & prevent possible inadvertant breeches of any Rules & Regulations. Then that is a bonus!

We are ALL ambassidors of our respective chosen Collecting spheres of interest. And if we are able to present ourselves in a Positive, Safe & responsible light to onlookers & the public in General. Then we do so on whatever hobby path we tread, a good deed! If this is done correctly, then our Hobbies will be the richer for it!

Not forgetting most important of all, To have FUN! I have a HUGE sense of Humour (Almost beyond belife sometimes!) Diplomacy is one thing, But, I dont Tolerate Fools Gladly!

See you there!

Mike. :thumbsup:

Mike,

packed your items & that special item for your display :cool2:..

See you at W&P

Lee

Many Thanks Lee, I will be there on the 12th to mark my pitch out prior to attending. I hope to catch up with you then, If your about. I will ring you on your Moby Mate. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind assitance. :iloveyou:

Mike

Pm sent regarding .30 cal

Pm recieved & relied to.

Folks, ANY enquires with Regards to Future Trade or Vehicle related topics to be answered ON SITE at the show. Are more than wellcome. I have had a lot of People asking about repairs on Deacts & Blank firers to be repaired at W&P. I am more than pleased to do these as I am like a sponge. I cant get enough Smallarms Work! (Sad Git!) For me, it's like putting on a comfortable shirt, back in the saddle so to speak! I guess we all like to turn the clock back to those days when we were were Happyiest! :nut:

Keep those enquiries comming, Then I know what spares scaling I need to bring! :saluting:

Mike

Advice costs nothing, & if I am able to help someone & prevent possible inadvertant breeches of any Rules & Regulations. Then that is a bonus!

We are ALL ambassidors of our respective chosen Collecting spheres of interest. And if we are able to present ourselves in a Positive, Safe & responsible light to onlookers & the public in General. Then we do so on whatever hobby path we tread, a good deed! If this is done correctly, then our Hobbies will be the richer for it!

I think it is important that our hobby moves in this direction and one I would like to see more of.

Phew, What a scorcher today! I have made myself usefull & manufactured a wooden rifle rack for the display at W&P. Also made up some signs & painted attractive olive green & all stenciled up. The hot weather dried the paint quickly & made life easier in being able to get on with things a lot faster without having to wait for the paint to go hard!

Only thing now is, Im sweating like mad doing all the Donkey work. Filling Armourers chests with Tools & Heavy paraphanalia that We Armourers have to use to work 'The Magic'!

Comming along nicely & I am hopefull that this will be a VERY interesting & Educational Exhibit!

It has generated a LOT of interest & positive feedback so far! :D

It's a lot of work for one person, but as Im the only one here, that's it! :nut:

Must grab a cool beer now........:cool2:

Mike.

Arrived at the venue today at 9.30am. It's pleasantly cool, even after all that rain! The ground is firm & definately NOT soggy or like a bog!

Even after the rain ,the ground was so dry it's all soaked up like blotting paper!

Pegged out & roped off my display area, smartly & distinctly, (In a Smart & Soldier Like Fashion!) = Plot:97.

For those of you who have contacted me to meet up for work to be done Etc.

I am opposite Rick Williamsons emporium, & next to the Green Howards Display.

Near the entrance corner to America's Field.

I reitterate: Any Repairs, Adjustments, Inspections, enquiries, sales, and Tech or Legal Advice.

Please come & see me. Even if you are simply interested in Small arms or are thinking of asking about any pitfalls or need info on the subject. You will find me a VERY Friendly & hopefully, Helpfull Artisan!

See you there! :thumbsup: Mike. :-)

Will drop by and say "Hi" one day sir!

Somehow I suspect a demonstration of how to fit a KVPT single handed is not on your list of available services!! :D :D :D

Neil, I look forward to Meeting you in the Flesh, so to speak!

It all depends on what you want 'Fixing' on your KVPT! :shocked:

Come & have a chat, I am comming down on this Sunday afternoon.

This will leave me (hopefully) two days to deploy my resources completely! :-D

Mike

Cool.

I actually gave a mate a ring about your "service". He is NUTS about weapons and is a massive collector. He has a Firearms licence and goes shooting somewhere. He said he might bring some interesting stuff down, so when he turns up we will have to come and find you.:D

Cool.

I actually gave a mate a ring about your "service". He is NUTS about weapons and is a massive collector. He has a Firearms licence and goes shooting somewhere. He said he might bring some interesting stuff down, so when he turns up we will have to come and find you.:D

you will be more than wellcome! I will be easy to find! :-D

Neil, I look forward to Meeting you in the Flesh, so to speak!

It all depends on what you want 'Fixing' on your KVPT! :shocked:

Come & have a chat, I am comming down on this Sunday afternoon.

This will leave me (hopefully) two days to deploy my resources completely! :-D

Mike

Cheers Mike - the OT is there already in the Americas feld marking one corner of our groups area. Stolly is down with Lee together with the Saracen and I will be moving down with caravan on Friday for the rest of the show, rest of the group arrives Sat and we set-up the tents and nets then.

Look forwards to seeing you down ther!! :-)

Cheers Mike - the OT is there already in the Americas feld marking one corner of our groups area. Stolly is down with Lee together with the Saracen and I will be moving down with caravan on Friday for the rest of the show, rest of the group arrives Sat and we set-up the tents and nets then.

Look forwards to seeing you down ther!! :-)

OK Mate, see you 'Upon Deployment'!.....;)