jerry

K2 The worst attemted?

hey Jerry, i'll come see you soon, check out progress on the Scammell. I'll give you a call in the next couple weeks.

Richard

Hi Jerry,

I bought Lofty's Austin K2 ambulance, along with 2.5 tons of spares.So i may have some parts you need.Good luck with the resto mate.

cheer's

stu

Hello folks,

there have been a few dramas recently, but I'm bac to work on the K2. Would anyone know of details for the rear floor, I need to know the width of the floorboards. I have the inspection hatch in reasonable condition and some lengths of hardwood, but I need to know what dimensions to machine it?

I'm also in need of a nsf wing and a radiiator if anyone can help?

Jerry

IMG_0548.jpg

A picture of some progress, however info on the rear floor would be useful as I need a surface to work from....

Jerry

I hope your taking lots of photos for your own records and it would be nice to see a few on the forum, well done.

A picture of some progress, however info on the rear floor would be useful as I need a surface to work from....

Jerry

Why don't you just come over and have a half day looking at mine with notebook and camera. You're very welcome.

Give me a call on 07860 889524.

David.

I've got 2 1/2tons of Austin K2 parts mainly engine, gearbox & wheel assembly parts.I do have other spares as well

Cheers

stu

Here is the text that I'd wanted to include but having a few tec issues!

The previous pictures show the dashboard, windscreen panel and wooden cab bulkhead all now atached and shown on the chassis a few posts ago. I will try and upload more but this is playing serious games with me!

Still need leads on a radiator and an osf wing in any condition?

Jerry

Dash2.jpg

A few pictures of the dashboard, the lower picture shows the original damaged item with the donor dash at the bottom. Simply a case of cutting aligning, making sure the mounting holes still aligned and welding the two together. A qhick skim of filler and back to new again.....

Hello Jerry looks like you are doing a grand job there, keep up the good work, more pics when you can, you will have a nice truck when its done, best of British.

Howard

plus surely it cant get any worse ........

I said that once, then an open gallon of paint fell on me... haha

this project is comming along nicely, keep up the good work!

Still need leads on a radiator and an osf wing in any condition?

Jerry

PM Sent..

I know this is old but I really hope you continued, at what ever pace.

I too remembered seeing those K2's at Scambleby in Lincolnshire and in fact I had one removed to the former RAF station at Hemswell but I dont know what happened to it after I left there ????

Anyhow, anybody got any news of this particular resto ??