K2 The worst attemted?

jerry

• 11 months later...

Hello folks,

there have been a few dramas recently, but I'm bac to work on the K2. Would anyone know of details for the rear floor, I need to know the width of the floorboards. I have the inspection hatch in reasonable condition and some lengths of hardwood, but I need to know what dimensions to machine it?

I'm also in need of a nsf wing and a radiiator if anyone can help?

Jerry

A picture of some progress, however info on the rear floor would be useful as I need a surface to work from....

Jerry

Why don't you just come over and have a half day looking at mine with notebook and camera. You're very welcome.

Give me a call on 07860 889524.

David.

Here is the text that I'd wanted to include but having a few tec issues!

The previous pictures show the dashboard, windscreen panel and wooden cab bulkhead all now atached and shown on the chassis a few posts ago. I will try and upload more but this is playing serious games with me!

Still need leads on a radiator and an osf wing in any condition?

Jerry

Dash2.jpg

A few pictures of the dashboard, the lower picture shows the original damaged item with the donor dash at the bottom. Simply a case of cutting aligning, making sure the mounting holes still aligned and welding the two together. A qhick skim of filler and back to new again.....

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is old but I really hope you continued, at what ever pace.

I too remembered seeing those K2's at Scambleby in Lincolnshire and in fact I had one removed to the former RAF station at Hemswell but I dont know what happened to it after I left there ????

Anyhow, anybody got any news of this particular resto ??

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...