Federal 606 pics

Hi all,

I have posted pics of our Federal 606 on my introduction thread hope you like them. Still learning how to negotiate the forum yet.

If anyone has an inertia starter for our truck we are missing it and would like to have one to complete the project.

Restoration is a slow process and now waiting to cement the shed floor so that we can get on with it all.

Thanks Julianne

Imgp1684.jpg

ready to leave 2001.jpg

on the hillside1998.jpg

federal rhs 2.jpg

federal lhs.jpg

the radiator and name 1998.jpg

Edited by grumblesa23
adding pics here

Awesome truck!!! Would love to own one, but there are very few left in England or Europe even though they were once a very common sight on the 8th airfields.

Looks like you have alot of work ahead of you.

Good luck and keep us all posted on progress

You have got your work cut out on that one Julianne but as Andy said another on saved. I found these two cracking shots from Life after much browsing

Thank you for taking the time to find these shots as we don't have many shots of these trucks in use.

The truck is still a long way from finished but it will be great when it is done, we drove it onto the semi-trailer to get it home and then once here we have done nearly all the mechanical stuff. The next job is the Cabin which being wooden and not kept in a shed until 2001 the weather has taken its toll.

Julianne

• 2 years later...
Wherever there was a USAAF airfield (or a concert :D).

Here in Dorset we had some front line fight bases that the USAAF flew out from - some nice pics of P-38's over Dorchester. Would they have used them on these bases?

Indeed they would. A Federal would lift a complete fighter and a pair would lift a bomber, but the normal procedure would be to use the Federal to take down a crashed bomber into sections and just cart them away on the semi-trailer.

It's a different sort of crane truck to a heavy wrecker - longer, higher lift but lighter.

• 1 year later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29614[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29619[/ATTACH]Hi all,

I have posted pics of our Federal 606 on my introduction thread hope you like them. Still learning how to negotiate the forum yet.

If anyone has an inertia starter for our truck we are missing it and would like to have one to complete the project.

Restoration is a slow process and now waiting to cement the shed floor so that we can get on with it all.

Thanks Julianne

Hi,

How is the restoration going?

We would like a lot to see more photos please!

Best regards,

G_Mendes