...after hearing my girlfriend giggling uncontrollably in the bedroom......

oily

..... I called out to ask what was so amusing.... to which she replied:

"You've just GOT to read this!"..... is was an article in one of 'HER' magazines, an article written by a long-suffering partner of a chap who was into his military based hobbies.

I'm not normally one for reading womens magazines:readpaper:, but as it was about my hobby, I couldn't resist. But I am one of the lucky ones...my girlfriend, Nikki, shares my love of my big green beastie, that guzzles petrol, and smells of canvas and oil.... The article certainly raised a smile on my face..... see below (that's if it doesn't get removed for copywright reasons!):-D

after hearing my partner giggling uncontrollably.....jpg

Always thought my map reading skills were lacking -now I know Munster is in the czech republic that's probably the reason I get lost :-D proof if I ever needed it that half the human race has no concept of geography:-D:-D

oily

.........sorry the text is so small, but please take the time to read it, it's worth the laugh....:-D

text is fine totaly readable

...sorry the text is so small, but please take the time to read it, it's worth the laugh....:D

Keep clicking on the picture and it gets quite large.

My other half is very understanding. Indeed, she has just bought us a 12x12 tent for the shows. She even knows some of the vehicles now and I've been giving her driving lessons in the Defender as she will be driving that down to Beltring this year.

Edited by LoggyDriver

well I may see you there, then, ... but I doubt I'll be taking the Saracen.... too busy with prom-nights!:cool2:

saracens are the perfect vehicle for prom taxiing mmmm got me thinking now ! i think though my saracen looks a bit too offensive for prom do s :D

oh well ! Dont forget to take a railway sleeper with you though as im told their standard ces kit for saracen

plenty of kerbs.... no need for a sleeper,..... Every time I do a prom, I reckon I upstage just about every other method of 'novelty conveyance'... an R.A.F helicopter came to one I did last year, but had to land a distance away, so nobody got to see it really..... but I took up almost all th driveway hee, hee!:cool2:

saracens also make great wedding transport!:shocked::shocked::-D

83 BA 77 at Ascot Prom pick-up.jpg

Arrival at Prom June, 2009, Ascot.jpg

hurry up! we've got a wedding to get to!.jpg

plenty of kerbs.... no need for a sleeper,..... Every time I do a prom, I reckon I upstage just about every other method of 'novelty conveyance'... an R.A.F helicopter came to one I did last year, but had to land a distance away, so nobody got to see it really..... but I took up almost all th driveway hee, hee!:cool2:

saracens also make great wedding transport!:shocked::shocked::-D

She really is gorgeous quite a prizewinner and the ribbons really set it off. Dare i ask how much petrol youve got through doing these proms ? Some one told me off once at a fuel station, Namely a small man in a small car when i filled up my ferret at tescos he said i should be ashamed about my carbon foot print and what im doing to the environment. I said i dont fly abroad for my hols do you? he went quiet so i then added my bloody carbon foot prints probably lower than yours so let me have my fun . he went red ! has this happened to you yet ? or is it just cambridgeshire !

Easy, they arn't that fast really. Just big and thirsty, infact, they are the darts player of the mv world

if your comparing a saracen to someone like eric bristow a beer drinking dart chucker then i object they ve got more history and character and are really iconic of the 70/ 80s and a saracen can really get going when it wants to .:cool2:

Be careful who you upset! :cool2:

Animal Rights Activists protested Leather-Wearing at a BIKER rally…

HERE'S HOW POLICE FOUND ONE OF THEM.

ATT00180.gif

Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) - Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers "duct taped inside several fast food restaurant dumpsters," according to police officials.

"Something just went wrong," said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. "Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong." The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, "growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats," decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event "in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanton use of leather in their clothing and motor bike seats." "In fact," said the organizer, "motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it.ergo, they should stop."

According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960's era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting "you're murderers" to passers by. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began.

"They peed on me!!!" charged one activist. "They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me 'La Trene', and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!"

Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers "farted on their heads."

Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation; however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed "surprise" at the allegations.

"That's preposterous," said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. "We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome."

When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and 'farting on their heads,' the organizer declined to comment in detail. "That's just our secret handshake," assured the organizer.

Be careful who you upset! :cool2:

Animal Rights Activists protested Leather-Wearing at a BIKER rally…

HERE'S HOW POLICE FOUND ONE OF THEM.

ATT00180.gif

Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) - Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers "duct taped inside several fast food restaurant dumpsters," according to police officials.

"Something just went wrong," said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. "Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong." The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, "growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats," decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event "in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanton use of leather in their clothing and motor bike seats." "In fact," said the organizer, "motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it.ergo, they should stop."

According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960's era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting "you're murderers" to passers by. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began.

"They peed on me!!!" charged one activist. "They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me 'La Trene', and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!"

Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers "farted on their heads."

Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation; however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed "surprise" at the allegations.

"That's preposterous," said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. "We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome."

When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and 'farting on their heads,' the organizer declined to comment in detail. "That's just our secret handshake," assured the organizer.

class...pure class!!!!!:cool2:

She really is gorgeous quite a prizewinner and the ribbons really set it off. Dare i ask how much petrol youve got through doing these proms ? Some one told me off once at a fuel station, Namely a small man in a small car when i filled up my ferret at tescos he said i should be ashamed about my carbon foot print and what im doing to the environment. I said i dont fly abroad for my hols do you? he went quiet so i then added my bloody carbon foot prints probably lower than yours so let me have my fun . he went red ! has this happened to you yet ? or is it just cambridgeshire !

Loads of 'smiles' to the gallon, for sure.

As for mpg, since I have 4 seasons of proms/weddings under my wheels now.... around town, I get approx 4/5 mpg, and 7/8mpg on a decent run of about 60miles (return journey), with higher cruising speeds, (supposed top speed is 45mph, but my missus has clocked me bowling along at 55 and 60mph!, sat-nav backs this up too!)... I'm kinda thinking that maybe when it had it's refit in 1983, before storage and subsequent de-mob, some REME chap decided to fit a B81 Stalwart engine, -6500cc as opposed to the saracen's normal B80, of 5760cc... it would defineatly account for it's nimbleness, given that mine is a Mk 5, and is up-armoured... what would be nice is a Mk 1, with the B81 engine in!... about 2ton lighter! I did one prom in Ascot, round trip from my place was 134miles, and I worked out it did approx 10/12mpg, as I dipped the tank before and after.....:-D

...so all in all, not as greedy as one might think, and the fuel cost shared by the passengers DONATIONS to running costs......I get the fun of driving it, the saracen gets it's much-needed exercise, i get to keep my hand in with the driving skills required, someone gets a day/journey they'll remember for a long time (for all the right reasons, of course!)... and it earns enough for when i want to go out in it for the monthly shopping trip, or shows, or just out for the enjoyment value... wins all, hands down, really.:-D

we've got an opportunity to do a wedding with the spartan, i'm thinking how to price it. my wife says its £250 for a rolls royce, surely a greedy CVRT should be more than that. its only 12miles from home then another 12 miles to church and of course i can earn £100 on a saturday with regular work

best regards mick

Normally my minimum suggested DONATION for fuel, etc is £350, if you divide this by the number of passengers it works out far, far, cheaper than say, a limo,.....Saracen 8 seats, +1 in turret. My average return distance is about 65miles.... about £75 in fuel usually covers the driving, but you have to take into account things like track-wear...-in your case, and I have to consider tyre wear.... the 1st job I did, I didn't realize the front tracking was way out, so one of my front tyres has been ruined prematurely, my tyres, if I can get hold of them, as they are so rare now are anything up o £300 each!...luckily I've just got a set of 6 tyres, nearly new condition, on wheels for the princely sum of £600.... eBay is a wonderful thing!:cool2: