Reporting Live from A&E

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jack for a great weekend, unbeknownst to me (Amanda in the Amanda Jane Jeep) i was in the process of passing a kidney stone, which is why David and I had to depart early sunday morning. The experience of taking part in the convoy however helped to dull the pain.Im pleased to say the stone finally passed out on my arrival home. Roll on 2012 and we can do it all again minus the stone!!!

Oops, late on parade, forgive me.

Anyway, to plagiarise and hybridise, "if a thing's worth saying, it's worth saying to excess"

So, what a fantastic weekend! Thank you Jack for starting the whole thing off and seeing it through to the end. What you've done no-one can take away from you.

Thanks to David (and JerryIce) for buying the stores, preparing all the meals, clearing up afterwards and selflessly manning the kitchen while we were all out having fun.

Kevin and his team of DRs buzzing around like bees were just brilliant. It seemed quite strange driving home without having the junctions prepared for me and ignoring traffic lights, I was getting used to it. When I'm too feeble to haul the Matador round corners, I'm definitely going to get an M20. They are light, aren't they?

It was good too to meet many of you that I have previously only known as cyber-pals. Apologies to Vince, who I mistakenly addressed as "Nick" all weekend - it didn't seem to matter.

I was impressed with TooTallMike's ability to fix just about anything and with the support from Mark's mobile electro-mechanical emporium - everything we thought of , he had tucked away in one of those lockers. I did feel a bit uneasy seeing him walking around wearing those surgeons gloves though.

Now I've got a bit of the "post A&E blues" but very happy memories. Bring on the DVD!

Thank you all.

hey....Jack, I missed the group photo! Think I was changing a nappy at the time:-X Izzie was very impressed as the convoy entered Maiden Newton....[ATTACH=CONFIG]29742[/ATTACH]

Edited by ajmac

Thought I would upload this one on its own as I think it may be worthy of a few captions ????:cool2:

Officer, what do you mean whistles are now illegal?