Marmite!!

Green Archer Radar

Anyone got any photos/info/manuals on the trailer mounted Green Archer Mortar Locating Radar??

Cheers

Why have you got one then?

The radar system itself was covered in EMER RADAR & FCE P030-P039. The trailer & chassis was in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U260/7-U269/7.

Try asking for copies from the vast EMER collection at http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/index.htm

I've got (somewhere !) close ups of a preserved one Neil Wedgebury had a decade or more ago.

Why have you got one then?

The radar system itself was covered in EMER RADAR & FCE P030-P039. The trailer & chassis was in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U260/7-U269/7.

Try asking for copies from the vast EMER collection at http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/index.htm

I've got (somewhere !) close ups of a preserved one Neil Wedgebury had a decade or more ago.

Hi Clive,

will have one soon :-) I will be going back down the REME Archives soon so those EMER numbers will come in handy, please post the photos if you come across them.. Just need to get a Pig to pull it with :roll:

Thanks

Lee

Lee,

Here is a photo of a Green Archer unit after cosmetic restoration at our REME Workshop about 12 years ago. It was for the Rotunda Museum , but now in Firepower and set up with axles removed.

Green Archer.jpg

Richard

Hi Richard,

the photo didn't appear :?

Lee

Lee,

When I checked later I found it had not worked. I'm sure I have recently cracked it on how to submit a photo from My Documents, but now cannot seem to do it. Clicked on "insert image", but that did not help. :? I know originally you had to use photobucket or summat, but since the revamp I posted a pic, maybe the site has been altered again?

Richard

Lee, you never did get your picture. Was just ging through a 1966 RA Journal & found this:

GreenArcher01.jpg

Detail not too good I had to scan it at 96dpi. Above that dpi at certain viewing magnifications the moire effect gets bad esp where it is on the mesh on the paraboloid.

Edited by Marmite!!

Hi all, I am looking for information, EMER's on the Green Archer Radar system and Trailer, does anybody have any for sale. Will be starting to clean and get mine ship shape shortly. Many thanks Nigel.

Nigel trying to find anything in the series EMER RADAR & FCE is going to be a challenge, I have some but not in the range that covers your item. Best hope is REME Museum.

In any search best to be specific in the exact documents you what you want ie EMER RADAR & FCE P030-P039.& trailer & chassis in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U260/7-U269/7. 

I do have these in EMER WV, I could do the odd page but it would be a mammoth to copy these :

U 260/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451.Data Summary. Jan.1964
U 262/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451. Technical Description. Jul.1966
U 263/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451. Unit Repairs.Jul.1966
U 264/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451. Field & Base Repairs. Sep.1966
U 267/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451. Spirit levels. Mod.Instr.No.2. Apr.1973
U 267/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451. Brake pipes & electrical cables. Mod.Instr.No.3. Oct.67
U 267/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451. Fitting 12-point jumper cable. Mod.Instr.No.5. Jan.1972
U 269/7 Trailer, 1-Ton, 4W/2L (Mortar Locating & Generator Set ) FV2451. Road springs. Misc.Instr.No.1. Mar.1965

Hello Clive, that is quite a list, think the main thing is how the rotation and elevation of the radar works. Chassis with removal of the wheels. Photos, for storage of items and equipment if you can help please. Nigel