my new mk 1 carrier

eddy8men

hi andy

still not sure, i'll speak to the shipping agent tomorrow and see what's going on, but it'll probably be this week. to be honest i could do with it arriving the week after when my wedding celebrations are over and i can get my head on straight again.

eddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi fella's

just a quick update to let you know i'll be going down to southampton on thursday to pick up the carrier with a plant trailer and drag it back up north on friday, so i might have a few pics to post and i'll let you know what condition it's in. hope the running gears good !

all the best eddy

kevin

if there's anything i can do for you just let me know, i'm all for helping anyone out if i can. that's part of the comraderie that i think most mv owners share, god knows everyone else thinks we come from mars, so really mate it's no trouble at all.

all the best

eddy

hi fella's

the carriers in bob grundy's yard ready for blasting and undercoat, i went this afternoon to strip a few parts before blasting and to look for the wd no. which i found but couldn't make out yet,however i did find the name of welland written on the side in yellow paint and when googled i came up with the welland regiment in canada which landed at normandy in july 44 so i'll email there regimental museum and se what i can come up with.

still need an engine and rad has anyone got one.

on the road in 50 days(ish).

this is day 1

eddy

carrier 024.JPG

carrier 021.JPG

carrier 022.JPG

carrier 023.JPG

carrier 020.JPG

That looks to be in top condition Eddy, a rare find these days. What are the joints like? If they are spreading you may have to part them, remove the rust and re-rivet. Martyn had to cut off every single rivit on his Mk2 UC, ended up with a pallet full of cleaned up plates and built it from scratch.... however his was in a different league to your mint example:-D

PS. Put it on your signature.... what is it again.... a Mk1*? Can't remember now, is '*' = Canadian Built...

Edited by ajmac

i'd love to put it on my signature,trouble is i don't know how, can one of you boffins let me know.

cheers

eddy

Click / press settings top right next to log out

It should then be on the Settings page

On the left hand side of the page you should see My Messages

Follow the column down and you will come to My Settings

Follow it down again and click Edit signature

On the right of the page fill in what ever you want to in the Edit Signature box ''MK 1 Carrier etc''

If you want to add a picture its directly beneath this box Signature picture

Clear as mud?

she's a dog alright, no tracks, knackered wheels,no engine or box,no gun and not a right lot left inside but it's viable given enough time and money, it might not even be me that gets her going again all i can guarantee is that it won't get gas axed, so another churchill will be spared. i'll start a thread on it when i get her back to manchester and when you see the pics you'll understand why i only paid scrap value for her.

all the best

eddy

Yes * = Canada

Full designation Carrier Universal No3 Mk1*

That would be Carrier Universal No2. MkI* (No3 =95 h.p., No2= 85 h.p. No1 = 65 h.p)

I understand that all the Canadian MkI's were 85 h.p.

Edited by Bluebell

the carriers in a yard 35miles from my home waiting for blasting and priming so it's difficult to get to it but i might try and sneek out on saturday when the wifes not looking and do a bit of work on the track warping cross shaft.

lynn thanks for the update on the carrier designation, why they have to make everything so complicated i'll never know.

i did a liitle bit of work on it last week and was surprised just how easily it came apart but then again it's the putting it back together bit that most people struggle with.

all the best

eddy

pencil.png

uc5.jpg

uc3.jpg

uc6.jpg

uc4.jpg