Major collection AUCTION

Jack

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone fancy their chances with anything at the upcoming Sanderson Weatherall auction?

I got sent through the full vehicle details today, over 170 of them to think about. I may have a little flutter come the day of the auction as long as there are no silly reserves!

Anyone fancy their chances with anything at the upcoming Sanderson Weatherall auction?

I got sent through the full vehicle details today, over 170 of them to think about. I may have a little flutter come the day of the auction as long as there are no silly reserves!

Unfortunately, silly reserves will be the order of the day, methinks!!!:-(

Unfortunately, silly reserves will be the order of the day, methinks!!!:-(

I suspect that will depend on what you are interested in. Anything WW2 era or related will have silly reserves probably. More modern stuff might go for a surprising price in the current financial environment. Remember the UK is facing what the media are terming a "crisis budget next week with rumours of increases in VAT amongst other things.

I am not in this market, I think paying say top dollar for a truck, then paying 10% on top to the auctioneer and then another 17.5% VAT if you are not registered seems way out.

so chieftain...sells say at 18k not bad price, add 10% auctioneers fees, 1800 so its now 19800, then 17.5% VAT is 23,265....thats getting seriously heavy, and some 5k of it goes out of our industry into government and non collectors pockets...

Sad way to do it in my humble opinion.

I am not in this market, I think paying say top dollar for a truck, then paying 10% on top to the auctioneer and then another 17.5% VAT if you are not registered seems way out.

so chieftain...sells say at 18k not bad price, add 10% auctioneers fees, 1800 so its now 19800, then 17.5% VAT is 23,265....thats getting seriously heavy, and some 5k of it goes out of our industry into government and non collectors pockets...

Sad way to do it in my humble opinion.

A lot of the vehicles that he has have been in one Mill or Unit for the last five years or so. I drove one of his Ferrets five years ago I'm reasonably sure that its in the auction. I think that is pretty much the reason why they r being sold this way. Poor location for selling military vehicles, if he had been further down south midlands way well you can add the rest.

From what I have heard from a friend who knows the guys there are only supposed to be one or two bits that are having reserves on them as all the vehicles etc are there to sell , but there are some very nice pieces of kit here , if it is what you are into of course and I personally can't see them going cheap especially after paying out all the commission fee's etc as has already been said but I will still be watching with interest but keeping my hands firmly in my pockets !!:coffee:

Won't be bidding myself but very interested to know what stuff goes for - does anybody know if they are likely to publish prices after the event - I know Withams usually do this ?

Top price must surely go to Sexton. Not sure about some of the other stuff though esp seem to be lots of post war vehicles around at the moment. 3 or 4 years ago I'm sure the 432's and the like would have fetched a lot more..

Have any results been published?

What did the Sabre restoration projects go for?

Didn't sell! They went to £3.5k with an option to buy both... Neither had engines.

Didn't these come from Withams? I seem to remember a load came from Belgium?

I'm on th lookout for a Sabre but I think £20k should get a very well restored one...

All seems a bit of a damp squib and I don't see much point putting these to auction with high reserves. At the end of the day I just don't think the market is that big. Remember this isn't really a private collection going under the hammer but a dealer trying to get rid of their stock all in one go. These vehicles have nearly all been for sale (in some cases for years) on the Select website so not sure where they thought all the buyers would suddenly appear from...