Major collection AUCTION

Jack

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I visited the collection a couple of years ago the vehicles were packed in cheek by jowl and hard to look at.

I dont think that they were run up very often and stayed inside all the time.

Some have been "smartened" up since being acquired, some were as released.

When I asked how much an "as is" CVR(W) Fox would be it was GBP 9,000 and when asked how much fully sorted and painted it was the same.

I would say the Saxon is one of the rarer vehicles from the UK MOD side of the collection, it looked quite tidy.

It will be very interesting to see what money they all make.

R

When I visited the collection a couple of years ago the vehicles were packed in cheek by jowl and hard to look at.

I dont think that they were run up very often and stayed inside all the time.

Some have been "smartened" up since being acquired, some were as released.

When I asked how much an "as is" CVR(W) Fox would be it was GBP 9,000 and when asked how much fully sorted and painted it was the same.

I would say the Saxon is one of the rarer vehicles from the UK MOD side of the collection, it looked quite tidy.

It will be very interesting to see what money they all make.

R

At one point they were cheek by jowl but one of the vehicles or more started to drop through the floor and they were subsequently moved to (Bolton not been) and (Rawtenstall Isle of Man Mill).

If you don't know all ready the B & E Boys r property developers and you will signs all over Bury and Rawtenstall for various mills and industrial parks. I suspect that the turn over of vehicles just isn't enough, if they were towards the South of the UK I suspect that they would have been picked clean of useful parts and would consequently sell more vehicles.

Edited by ferrettkitt

• 3 weeks later...

Kept them in a barn ?? Spot of poetic licence there .

Brian and family seem to own most of Rawtenstall judging from the number of signs with their name on around the town and when we went up to buy the ST we saw only part of the collection stored in some of the redundant mills he owns there .

Yes there have been photos of it in the magazines before, it's an Abbot without a gun.

Is that the one fitted with a fake gun to make it look more like an Abbot? :nut:

Any ideas on "Mowag Wheeled Tank Training Vehicle"?

Stone

Edited by Stone