Gsydingo

Gsydingo

Hi all,

I am a new member to the site and my name is Simon, I live in Guernsey in the Channel Islands. I have been a vehicle collector for over 20 years but military for only 15. I am limited by space but still have a 1943 Daimler Dingo, a 1941 White Scout Car, a 1941 BMW R12, 2 M38a1 Jeeps, a 1954 Daimler Ferret and a Landrover 90 (WOLF rep). Like the site and hope to be able to give you information on the Guernsey Liberation tour in May 2010 and perhaps post photos when I then work out how to do that.

Simon

That sounds like the Humber Scout Car from Guernsey ( I modified the gun mount to a twin ). ;)

Yes Richard you are correct it's Martin's Humber with the twin bren mount, which if my memory serves correctly you made. Mine is a Malayan up armoured DSC.

Simon

Welcome to the Friendly Forum. Must be fun running an MV show all by yourself...wait til Tony gets there...

The show sadly is not by myself but the Guernsey Military Vehicle Group, we should have about 100 wartime and a number of post war vehicles on display at the Festival Of Transport on May 8th at Sausmarez Park and a cavalcade drive terminating in St. Peter Port on May 9th our Liberation from German Occupation, so it should be a good day had by all. Perhaps you would be interested in covering the event in your Mag?

Regards

Simon

Yes Richard you are correct it's Martin's Humber with the twin bren mount, which if my memory serves correctly you made. Mine is a Malayan up armoured DSC.

Simon

Simon,

When I came over to Guernsey on the 1990 liberation tour, there was a "local" Dingo with Malayan type modified hull, so assume that was yours?

Hello Simon

Welcome to the forum. If you are Simon H, I believe that I have been in contact with you about the ferret a few months ago :-)

Nice to see you here now.

Cheers

Matt Taylor

Yes it is Matt and thanks again for the heads up I hope the info I gave was of use to you.

Regards

Simon

Simon,

When I came over to Guernsey on the 1990 liberation tour, there was a "local" Dingo with Malayan type modified hull, so assume that was yours?

Thats the one it was owned by Colin Best who died about 12 years ago, I got it last year and had to do a quite a bit to get it up and running again, soon I hope to paint it back into the Bronze Green it would be in for Malaya.

The show sadly is not by myself but the Guernsey Military Vehicle Group, we should have about 100 wartime and a number of post war vehicles on display at the Festival Of Transport on May 8th at Sausmarez Park and a cavalcade drive terminating in St. Peter Port on May 9th our Liberation from German Occupation, so it should be a good day had by all. Perhaps you would be interested in covering the event in your Mag?

Regards

Simon

Eh Simon, Snapper will be expecting YOU to do it! I'll be doing the proper one of course :cool2: but a dual articale on both in Pathfinder would go down well. Want to liase?