A&E video diary...

OK - what we intend to do is to film the whole route - which actually we did today but not all of it went according to plan (the cameraman (Kev) and sound man (Kev) and the director (Kev) - have been sacked).

They will be in 2-3 minute clips and will upload over the coming weeks. We want to make sure you can see the route that we are taking so you will see where we are going before you get there! Mainly so you aren't driving blind and to make sure that everything flows nicely for every driver - to make sure you have a great time.

(no fan mail or love letters please).

Just waiting for a full OS map of the route and along it we will insert the video clips of that section so that you can get a full perspective of the route - this concept should work very well :whistle:

Not saying too much just yet but may have a very very nice play area for tanks.....:cool2: and the pictures below are just of a small section of one of the routes down into the village from our campsite

005.jpg

006.jpg

Edited by Jack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I m not going to attending this outstanding event I d still like to see this video series on the route, the first still photo that Jack posted of a path through a raven appeared to a pretty tight fit for a GMC let alone a Sherman but looks can be deceiving.

On with the show if you please Mr.Jack .

ARMOUR & EMBARKATION - If you have time to spare whilst coming down to the event then check out Tyneham - the lost village - Six days before Christmas in 1943, the villagers of Tyneham in Dorset were ordered to leave their homes so the army could practise for the D-Day landings. The promise that they could return was broken. The army kept the land and the public was banished from this beautiful part of the Countryside.

Part two -

This clip is not that exciting but just wanted to show the road to the campsite. I am driving along the A37 from the Dorchester direction - just driven through Grimstone.

Just as a side note - the A37 was built purely for access to the major field hospital that was not far from where we are camping. The field hospital was built for the aftermath of D-Day :(

Part two -

This clip is not that exciting but just wanted to show the road to the campsite. I am driving along the A37 from the Dorchester direction - just driven through Grimstone.

Just as a side note - the A37 was built purely for access to the major field hospital that was not far from where we are camping. The field hospital was built for the aftermath of D-Day :(

Sounds like you are looking for a job as a newsreporter...back to you jack.:D

Part two -

According to my maps, that bit of the A37 is a Roman road..... Which D-Day are you referring to Jack? ;)

According to my maps, that bit of the A37 is a Roman road..... Which D-Day are you referring to Jack? ;)

The bit on the right next to the gate. Opposite the camp site the valley is full of iron age field systems - which have escaped the plough :)

I just got back from a weeks holiday down in Devon, about 2 miles from Dorset, so we took the opportunity to pop into Dorchester via Maiden Newton, lovely area, the sunken lanes are cracking.... however Jenni wasn't too happy about all the battle damage on the NS of the Disco!

Good video jack, lets hope we get lots more up on YouTube after the event.... to help promote the 2011 occurrence?

I just got back from a weeks holiday down in Devon, about 2 miles from Dorset, so we took the opportunity to pop into Dorchester via Maiden Newton, lovely area, the sunken lanes are cracking....

Good work Alistair - should of let me know you where down - we could of done lunch.

Good video jack, lets hope we get lots more up on YouTube after the event.... to help promote the 2011 occurrence?

:iamsmiling:

Clip of the battle field at Maiden Newtown at War. This is the start point of both events as we will be 'opening' Maiden Newton at War. This field and fields are important as this is where Sundays fun begins for us and the public!

This clip is the route out of the village of Maiden Newton and we are now on our way to Dorchester. We are going up Wynford Eagle hill if you would like to check the map. This should really make all the tank engines and others work hard - it should sound awesome......!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSP9lkvMzzA

Edited by Jack

Jack

Whats the distance from camp field to tank battle field/start piont? How far are we driving on Saturday whats the distance to Dorchester and back?

Barry

bren carrier

Hi Barry!

Have a look here http://www.armourandembarkation.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=55

Basically a 22 mile round trip :)

This clip is the route out of the village of Maiden Newton and we are now on our way to Dorchester. We are going up Wynford Eagle hill if you would like to check the map. This should really make all the tank engines and others work hard - it should sound awesome......!

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

I can't watch this one.

It says I need to register.

Other ones were ok to watch.