A few years in the life of ..............

Hi my name is Peter and I am an alcoholic, (just kidding I think ……)

Military

I am from a military family so I am an Army brat I tried the civilian thing for a bit, it was too boring. I joined the Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry TA in Salisbury in 1963 whilst working as a trainee auto electrician the job did not pay much and the money from the TA was helpful. I Joined the 10th Royal Hussars 64 it was an armoured car regiment Ferrets, Saladins, Saracens and Stalwarts and the usual B vehicles I saw active service in Aden 64/65. When the regiment amalgamated with the 11th Hussars in 1969 I left and went to Army Air Corp for a couple of years then about 4 years with the Para’s.

Civilian

Left the army went into Computers started as an operator then went into programming ended up a Manager.

I am the webmaster for the 10th Hussars “Shiners Club” which I designed an programmed. For those of you restoring vehicles there are lots of pictures of armoured cars etc. which you may use as long as you mention my website: www.xrhgb.com

If you have any questions about military vehicles feel free to ask I will try and answer them.

Peter

Edited by pete-xrh

Welcome Peter-xrh to the HVM Forum I m sure that as soon as the others read your introduction that there will be lots of people eager to ask you questions on those very same British vehicles, as in your experiances and knowladge. I m sure they will be visiting your web site as well !