jeep identification

HotBed

evening all,

i had a email from my sister in the phillippines, is there a willys M35 jeep ? is that the military CJ3 ? also is there any other serial number stamped anywhere on a WW2 jeep if the data plate on the dash is missing to verify the year of manufacture ?

thanks in advance :-D

regards

evening all,

i had a email from my sister in the phillippines, is there a willys M35 jeep ? is that the military CJ3 ? also is there any other serial number stamped anywhere on a WW2 jeep if the data plate on the dash is missing to verify the year of manufacture ?

regards

Hi Graham,

Theres a M38 jeep, which is simular to a war time jeep, has bigger headlights and other small diffrences or there is a M38 A1 but that dosent look like a war time jeep at all?

Can you get pictures of it ???

Hi Graham,

Theres a M38 jeep, which is simular to a war time jeep, has bigger headlights and other small diffrences or there is a M38 A1 but that dosent look like a war time jeep at all?

Can you get pictures of it ???

hi stuart, i know about M38s and i asked my sister to look again and she insists its M35, model number TW340, serial number 10006

i will ask for some pics :-D

regards

evening all,

regards

WW 2 JEEP's have a serial number , stamped near to the front shock absorber mount ( frame) left side, and every tub has a serial number as well , stamped on the front reinforcement triangle (left one)

WW 2 JEEP's have a serial number , stamped near to the front shock absorber mount ( frame) left side,

Only Ford GPW has the chassis stamped in that location, the Willys MB had a number stamped on a riveted plate fixed to front end of left hand frame member, adjacent to bumber mounting.