Pillbox study group

its an interesting site that I tend to look at now and again as it seems to be updated fairly often but I am glad you reminded me as it is a while since last visit,is my memory playing tricks on me or was there mention of a possible forum visit to some ww2 defence sites in southern England being organised?

Nigel

No problem, it's probably better to sort it out via PM tho', and we'll need to keep the numbers down to a maximum of twelve. First come, first served. You'll need to be able bodied (I would have said "fit", but that would count me out.:-D). You'll need a boiler suit, torch (A headlamp would be better.), and of course, your camera.

Here's a taster of the sort of thing that I'll be aiming to look at:

http://www.sub-ex.blogspot.com/

(Our Colin's brilliant blog.)

Edited by Pete

If you need help with locations PM me, as I see Via the site locations there are probably off my head another 10-14 deep level shelters in the area that he has not listed. As well as battery plotting rooms and magazine etc, you can get lost in the Area, I have spent around 8 years returning frequently and I have loads I need to map still!

We did do a HMVF trip there before, sure there are pictures on here? Link anyone?

When the weather perks up a bit, I'll be having a mooch around the Dover area, if anyone fancies it?

Could you possible pm me details of this pls Pete like the date you have planned, if there is any places left i may be able to tag along.

I'm open to any ideas for a date, but I'd prefer it to be on a Sunday. So far there is plenty of room left if anyone wants to tag along.

Paul, yes mate, that'd be top notch! I know a fair few bits to see, but I'm sure that you know a lot more.

PM me if you're interested, and suggest a Sunday in April.

OK by me (for obvious reasons :D)

the earlier we start the more fun you'll have extracting me from the bottleneck when I get stuck :trustme:

I always reckon that if my Mrs can do it, so can anyone.:nut:

DSCF2149.jpg

DSCF2150.jpg

Note the correct changing of camo from DPM to white.

And this is why she was crawling through a small hole, halfway down a cliff:

DSCF2161.jpg

Edited by Pete

Suprised you all went down the cliff to that entrance:)

We're too lazy to dig, and didn't know of any other way to do it.:blush:

Our Colin (Who lives in Dover.) has just mentioned this:

"I was in the South Foreland area recently, and the area is being cleared of all the trees to make room for grazing, the sealing up of the tunnels also appears to have begun, with No.1 gun magazine entrance having been filled in. I haven't looked at the shelters, but it wouldn't be surprising if they are in the near future. Get there why you still can!"

FFS!

• 3 weeks later...