machinery trucks album

les freathy

As some of you will be aware last year i ran a series of articles in MMI on machinery trucks and think it might be a good idea to put some of the photos and info up here which will include some not seen in the mag. Obviously because of size restrictions some photos in the mag end up on the small side so those on here will give a better definition on detail and of course i hope some of you will be able to contribute items. In this thread it will be the British and canadian types but if interests is sufficient i could put the same up in the American vehicles thread

photos

1 a pre war Crossley IGL before fitment of machinery

2 Leyland Retriever battery charging

3 Ford WOT6 3 ton 4x4

To digress, the Ford WOT is seen in the London Victory parade now as most will know this parade was a massive affair and in the mechanical section every organization that used vehicles was represented but it would appear little has been published on some of the vehicles that took part. We see the normal run of tanks and the occasional truck photo but not much of the latter appears in the photos, i have scoured the web and come up with various items but still nothing really that covers my train of thought. Any body out there had any luck

cheers

Les

mmi3..jpg

mmi4..jpg

mmi6..jpg

Please do put more of your machinery lorry photos up here, and do the same for U.S. vehicles please.

The third yes is for the victory parade. I too have looked for photos of this, most that I found were posted by you in another forum. For anyone who wants to know what was in the parade - there is a transcript of the programme (and a couple of pictures) here- http://www.naval-history.net/WW2MiscVictoryParade1.htm

Noel

Noel there are several bits of the parade on PATHE but some are incorrectly labeled. I have an original copy of the victory celebrations programme; the running order and types of vehicles is not 100% in accordance with the programme. I believe the IWM has an album of vehicle stills from the parade ? So0me cracking shots Les !1

TEd

Some more pics of WOT6 Machinery lorries, the first is of one in preservation, it is known to have carried a lathe, pedestal drill, bench grinder and valve refacer, generator and gas welding kit. This vehicle still has the fitted bench in it, it is currently for sale, if anyone is interested, please PM for details. It belongs to a friend.

The second pic is one in post war service, showing the equipment that was installed in it. ( Les, I think you might have sent me this one ).

WOT6 completed 00

Fordson WOT6 mach

• 4 weeks later...