Forum Bugs 3

Marmite!!

I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and often, not always, I can't open page 2 of What's New? Todays posts until I go to Forum then New Posts.

Also, quite often I find, after I've logged in, I find I'm 'Not logged in' after 3 mins. 5mins. but more usually about 8mins, and, just lately it is not remembering me when I log in.

No worries, I can work through it, just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for a great Forum, I thoroughly enjoy it. Your hard work is Much appreciated.

Chas.

I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and often, not always, I can't open page 2 of What's New? Todays posts until I go to Forum then New Posts.

Also, quite often I find, after I've logged in, I find I'm 'Not logged in' after 3 mins. 5mins. but more usually about 8mins, and, just lately it is not remembering me when I log in.

No worries, I can work through it, just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for a great Forum, I thoroughly enjoy it. Your hard work is Much appreciated.

Chas.

Have you tried logging in from the new Login Box that Joris added?? see post #23

login..jpg

Just logged on using blue log-in box, same 'problem' - wouldn't go to page 2, had to go to Forum then Today's posts, as before when I logged on the 'old way'.

Never mind, I can put up with it. Great site, I spend more time on here than everything else put together!

(Hope that doesn't make me 'Sad'!)

Cheers

Chas.

• 2 weeks later...

A strange thing happened. just reporting, no problems now, I got a blank page with this message all yesterday evening on my laptop,

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

HMVF link showed in the address box.

So tried a few times then gave up. Every thing works OK on my Desktop today, but laptop still the same, cleared cookies & cache and all OK again.

PS

Just tried posting this and got

The server (hmvf.co.uk) did a pooh-pooh, while it tried to serve you /forumvb/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=17223

Not enough bandwidth?

What if we posted

everything like this?

I'm guessing it would

take up less width so

problem solved maybe?

:whistle:

Silly

boy!

that

would

never

work!

Don't

you

know

band-with

is

always

reduced

asymmetricaly?

Sorry about that chaps... we were a victim of our own success & exceeded our monthly bandwidth allowance again... normally Joris would of had this up & running again within a short time but as he isn't about it was left up to Jack to sort out.... enough said :D

Sorry about that chaps... we were a victim of our own success & exceeded our monthly bandwidth allowance again... normally Joris would of had this up & running again within a short time but as he isn't about it was left up to Jack to sort out.... enough said :D

I just thought Jack had forgotten to put a shilling in the meter.....again.:D

yeh i have only just been able to log in was saying bandwidth limit had been exceeded.

Thanks guys and sorry about that! But goes back to the point I was making about us always exceeding our bandwidth as the site is growing daily.

So we have increased the bandwidth again but it looks like we have to go up to a bigger server again in the near future.

Just a thought.

I notice that when I upload pictures the previous ones are still there. Is this taking up server room or is it stored on my computer?

If they are stored on the server we could have a clear out and free up some server space, does not help with the bandwidth but its a start.

(Still ready to to subbscribe to the site!!):???

Just a thought.

I notice that when I upload pictures the previous ones are still there. Is this taking up server room or is it stored on my computer?

If they are stored on the server we could have a clear out and free up some server space, does not help with the bandwidth but its a start.

(Still ready to to subbscribe to the site!!):???

They are stored on ther server not your computer... it's not the storage that uses up the bandwidth, it's the page views, as the forum grows more popular we use more bandwidth..

Yes thats what I thought.

Jack mentioned needing to go for a bigger server in the future, maybe if we cleared unwanted files ie. pics it would help server capacity. I realise this is not to do with bandwidth but "every little helps".

Yes thats what I thought.

Jack mentioned needing to go for a bigger server in the future, maybe if we cleared unwanted files ie. pics it would help server capacity. I realise this is not to do with bandwidth but "every little helps".

Photos are an integral part of the forum... without photos most thread would be pointless, that is why we never delete them pics/files..

Photos are an integral part of the forum... without photos most thread would be pointless, that is why we never delete them pics/files..

Gotcha, ..I was thinking of the pics being stored in a seperate file that I access, never thought that deleting from there would remove them from the Forum threads. Now I understand!! "Stupid boy Pike":nut: