Tyre inflation

utt61

Question

6 answers to this question

I have used the standard push on tyre inflator as per CES and available from some dealers and then came accross an ex. mod Shrader inflator complete with guage and clip on valve fitting. This is by far the best inflator I have come accross including the normal garage type. It clips on and you have ablout 2m hose before the guage/control. Easy to use and I think safer as you can stand off to the side of the tyre and control with a guage in your hand. The more common type you have to hold on the valve and have a assistant operate the inflator valve!

Regards

I have used the standard push on tyre inflator as per CES and available from some dealers and then came accross an ex. mod Shrader inflator complete with guage and clip on valve fitting. This is by far the best inflator I have come accross including the normal garage type. It clips on and you have ablout 2m hose before the guage/control. Easy to use and I think safer as you can stand off to the side of the tyre and control with a guage in your hand. The more common type you have to hold on the valve and have a assistant operate the inflator valve!

Regards

Pics of the two types of issue tyre inflator that I have.

On left the newer and I think better type for use, on right the older type, more in keeping for older vehicles.

Photo-1.jpg

Yep the one on the left is the type I meant, I thought mine has Michelin on it, they give an unrestricted full flow of air and inflate big tyres quickly.

Hi there

I just had a look at mine and the guage has written on it;

"Shrader" and underneath it says "Licence Michelin made in France"

So maybe they both make them or are Shrader part of Michelin...

Thing is, I agree they are the one to have.

Cheers

I have one of the ones on the right, do take care buying NOS ones as the rubber was starting to perish on ours.

The Bedford came with a bodged up one that had the inflation 'handle' end cut off and a fitting attached to pump Clark masts up with, lazy squaddies! :-D

Stone