MOT Testing Exemptions Consultation VERY IMPORTANT

far as i know situation is same ,ferrets a motor tractor claim exemption as such ,what was their reason for refusal? topdog on your v5 does it say tax class historic vehicle? i know some one was having probs with their ferret as when originally registered it was done as a PLG ,,,, other thing might be is ,its the default setting that you need a mot cert then its up to you to legally claim exemption

Edited by griff66

Just received my tax reminder for a pre-1960 Historic lorry. Nothing extra on the form, and no mention now of submiting a V112G when claiming exemption.

I taxed mt 432 yesterday with my reminder and did not need to fill in a V112G. There is a box to cross on the renewal form to claim the exemption from a MOT. You do not need to state why it is exempt. The guy behind the counter didnt even know of the 112G form, he just handed me the new disc.

There is a box to cross on the renewal form to claim the exemption from a MOT. You do not need to state why it is exempt.

Barry,

There always was a box to cross on the front, and on the reverse they used to mention submitting a V112G. This form is still available on the DVLA website to download, it is the 2009 edition, where you enter the exemption number from the list on reverse. Will take a V112G with me just in case they ask. :)

Have been going through this procedure for last 23 years and it is far easier now.

When I taxed the Explorer a couple of months ago I did it online, there is no mention of 112G. You need to tick the yes option for having an MOT to progress to the next page, then use the reference number on the reminder form (V11) and the insurance and MOT is checked automaticly.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/?SKIN=directgov

Edited by croc

When I taxed the Explorer a couple of months ago I did it online, there is no mention of 112G. You need to tick the yes option for having an MOT to progress to the next page, then use the reference number on the reminder form (V11) and the insurance and MOT is checked automaticly.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/?SKIN=directgov

I've tried that several times Croc and it always says an MOT not found and stops the application ! Always get one from Post Office with a V112g but it means a trip out ! :D

interesting that andy ive just done the same as croc no problem with lightining might that be the disc for daisy??

Hi Andy , yes it is the disc for Daisy but before anyone laughs I have always taxed her since I bought her as I thought it wouldn't take long to finish her ! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

surly pre 1960 hgv was one of the exemptions not affected or did i miss something

Has anything happened yet?

I ask the question because I have just received a tax reminder for my pre 1960 vehicle and it states that I need an MOT test from the 8th of August this year. Does this mean that it is here???

No! :D

The latest V11 renewals I received (March 2011) have been revised and now do not even mention V112G - you just need to 'X' the box (self declaration).

But I suggest you download one and fill it out just in case you get asked for one, as it is easier than arguing the case. It depends very much on who deals with your application at a post office, but I think you'll find their screen does not prompt them to ask for one any more (because I asked the helpful lady last time!).

Edited by N.O.S.

I taxed my Explorer as normal this year online with no hassle. I found that I couldn't do it online with the Militant when it was tested as an HGV, 3 and 2 years ago, as the DVLA site couldn't find evidence of being tested, even a week later. Last year tested as a heavy class 4 motorhome, and was able to tax it online later the same day!

Jules

• 4 weeks later...

I've had that too - with one vehicle the renewal form always asked for test cert. Then two years back the test requirement did not appear on the renewal form, but last year it was back again! But so long as you can legitimately cross the box it is really not a problem.

Just got back from Post Office, rigourous checks of all forms including 112, scanned the bar code on renewal form ,no further questions and duly handed over tax disc...and then got asked why I didn't renew on line ?????>:(>:(>:(

I've had that too - with one vehicle the renewal form always asked for test cert. Then two years back the test requirement did not appear on the renewal form, but last year it was back again! But so long as you can legitimately cross the box it is really not a problem.

Thanks for that. I thought I was the only one to experience this phenomenon.:)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...