Wartime in the Vale - Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham 26 & 27 June 2010

Papav66

For those registered, I had planned to send passes out this week but it will now be next week, sorry for delay.

And there are now over 300 military vehicles booked & more still to come. Today we also had confirmation that the Mercian Regiment will be bringing a FV510 Warrior so that should be good to see.

For those amphibious vehicles they will be able to go for a swim in the river Avon, just over a mile away, howver there is a fishing competition on so can only use slipway after 5pm.

cheers Paul

cuba camera 001.jpg

Just in case those attending have not received my email ref the BAR;

Hello Folks,

On behalf of the South Midlands Area of the MVT, we are all really looking forward to receiving you at our camp and with the good local weather forcast it should be a cracker.

The number of vehicle entries continues to rise, with over 370 due to attend and about 330 of those are military and of course we have even more re-enactors supporting this event. We also have appx 50 traders selling a mix of militaria, books, clothing, food (Palace Cuisine for breads pasties & pies), insignia, tools, surplus, sweets, models, toys, blank ammunition (Paul Heddell) and if you need any leather work then Fred can do it over the weekend.

Now for some disappointing news, the Bar provider has unfortunately messed up and is without a licence to sell alcohol over the weekend, I won't repeat the exchanges we have had but we are all a little frustrated. He will be selling soft drinks but if you want alcohol then you will have to bring your own and you will be allowed to consume it at our private party for all entrants during the evening in the marquee, so I'm hoping I've given you enough notice to add to your supplies. Or you can buy from Morrisons, just two roundabouts South of the show just off A46.

So we are really sorry for this oversight, but looking on the bright side at least it will save you some money and there won't be too much of a queue at the bar unless you are behind me waiting to poke the someone in the eye!

Can Group leaders please let the rest of their members know.

Updated listing of whats on and site layout are on our website.

See you all soon.

Kind Regards

Paul

Just in case those attending have not received my email ref the BAR;

Hello Folks,

On behalf of the South Midlands Area of the MVT, we are all really looking forward to receiving you at our camp and with the good local weather forcast it should be a cracker.

The number of vehicle entries continues to rise, with over 370 due to attend and about 330 of those are military and of course we have even more re-enactors supporting this event. We also have appx 50 traders selling a mix of militaria, books, clothing, food (Palace Cuisine for breads pasties & pies), insignia, tools, surplus, sweets, models, toys, blank ammunition (Paul Heddell) and if you need any leather work then Fred can do it over the weekend.

Now for some disappointing news, the Bar provider has unfortunately messed up and is without a licence to sell alcohol over the weekend, I won't repeat the exchanges we have had but we are all a little frustrated. He will be selling soft drinks but if you want alcohol then you will have to bring your own and you will be allowed to consume it at our private party for all entrants during the evening in the marquee, so I'm hoping I've given you enough notice to add to your supplies. Or you can buy from Morrisons, just two roundabouts South of the show just off A46.

So we are really sorry for this oversight, but looking on the bright side at least it will save you some money and there won't be too much of a queue at the bar unless you are behind me waiting to poke the someone in the eye!

Can Group leaders please let the rest of their members know.

Updated listing of whats on and site layout are on our website.

See you all soon.

Kind Regards

Paul

WTF:computerrage::wow:

NO BEER......:beer::angry:box:

Looks like the poor old Bedford will have a little more weight in it than usual then. Is this guy a professional Paul as you would have thought getting a licence would be the first thing to get right? No wonder your not happy.

I'm really looking forward to the show:D. I know several people who are coming, and a few of those are coming up from Cornwall. Will be leaving about lunch time on Friday to miss the traffic. Probably take about 2.5 to 3hrs to get there.