how to seperate manifold from block?

pigdog

Question

Ok I removed the brass nuts with a minimum of cuss words, now I'm trying to separate the exhaust mainfold from the block.

Do I need to remove the studs to get the manifold off or is there a trick to getting off without breaking the studs?

Thanks-Chris

Ferret 00 EC 55

119-1913_IMG.jpg

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Chris

The faces on the other parts seem to be ok, so I'm going to leave them as they are. The 2 single elbows have both got a corner broken off, so i have got them in for cast welding. The double elbow seems to be ok, but the silencer is bad. All the baffles are rusted out, so that is in for a rebuild at the moment too!

It's a slow process, but in the mean time I am overhauling the front braking system and fitting 2 new wheel cylinders. Both front cylinders are leaking, and have corroded. So I bought NOS from Banisters a few months ago.

I've got a minor bit of commisioning of the clansman installation to do too. I will post some pictures as soon as that is done :-)

Matt

My inside hull exhaust looks like 2 of the hole corners were broken at one time and welded back on. I know what you mean by a slow process. I also need to replace my old coolant hoses. I moved my radio sideways to get a view of the timing hole. My ferret is missing the timing pointer.