Nick Johns

1944 Bike training film

Great film, Nick!

Interesting to see one bike sporting an AA badge -I'm sure some know-it-all seeing that at a show would say it was wrong!

Regards,

-Roger.

While the film on the motorcycle training is good and one has to wonder how different things would be with modern bikes the story of the Wentworth house and the Earls was also very good reading !

What a brilliant little film

I like the leopard skin gauntlets that one of the riders is wearing (guy in the sheepskin flight jacket)!!

Yes, absolutely marvellous to watch, being a local I recognised most of the locations too. Just one or two of the later 'rough riding' areas I will have to think about.

what a great find Nick now all we gotta do is get enough bikes together at armour and embarkation for a re run

Nigel

A re-run on some of the original locations wouldn't be a problem, and it would be a nice scenic trip too! Unfortunately one town centre is now a one way in the wrong direction and I'm not certain if the other is now pedestrianised though :-). I think the golf club wouldnt view it too good if you decided to ride across what is now part of their links either. :-D You'd also have to walk across the front of the 'big house' as that is the only public access these days. Other than that (!) you could have a good run - but none of it would be at A&E in Dorset!