Ferret 00DD18 in Denby Dale Pie Procession 1964

Toolman

Hello

I thought i'd post this on, its a reprint of an article from our local paper in 1964, featuring the 1964 Denby Dale Pie procession, with 2 ferrets from the Royal Dragoon Guards, one can be seen as 00DD18.

I'm assuming the pie is being towed by that traction engine in the rear of the photo. Looks like the ferret made a better shot :-)

http://www.denbydale.com/content/denby_dale_pie/

I was there in 1988 for the ninth pie.. Alas, I didn't see any armoured cars, but I did eat a rather large portion of Record Breaking Pie :)

Denby Dale Pie 1964_4.jpg

Denby Dale Pie 1964_2.jpg

Hello

I thought i'd post this on, its a reprint of an article from our local paper in 1964, featuring the 1964 Denby Dale Pie procession, with 2 ferrets from the Royal Dragoon Guards, one can be seen as 00DD18.

I'm assuming the pie is being towed by that traction engine in the rear of the photo. Looks like the ferret made a better shot :-)

http://www.denbydale.com/content/denby_dale_pie/

I was there in 1988 for the ninth pie.. Alas, I didn't see any armoured cars, but I did eat a rather large portion of Record Breaking Pie :)

Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies........................:-D

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, RIBBLEMAN said:

Drove 00DD18 as rebuilt to mk4 in NI 1972/73 Wonder if its still running?

21731254_1423881861034529_2782319116009227498_n.jpg

Wow! I worked on 00DD18 in 1979, and looking at the markings I would say it was with 36 Engineer Regt RE, which would figure as the Ashford workshops looked after a lot of their vehicles.

cheers Richard

• Like 1