Forum Bugs 2

Marmite!!

Have you tried clearing your cookies & tmp internet files (maybe Browser history too) Chris?

Think so I've had the same problem since the upgrade. As I've found a way round its not to much of a problem.

I'll upgrade my other laptop (its newer ) and see what happens

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think so I've had the same problem since the upgrade. As I've found a way round its not to much of a problem.

I'll upgrade my other laptop (its newer ) and see what happens

Me too and then sometimes its OK.

As of tonight:

System either does not remember me or logs me off between pages. I do have the user-id & password boxes at top right and it lets me log on OK, But when I read a thread and return to the main forum page I am no longer logged in.

O/S is Vista 64 bit,

Browser is:

Chrome 4.0.249.64 (35722) -full

Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18865

FireFox v3.5.7

Opera v10.10:1983

I have the same problem in all browsers. I've deleted the HMVF cookies from each browser and restarted it - but it makes no difference.

Prior to around 19:00 tonight it was working OK on the new system.

between visits forum does not remember me , put in user name and comes up invalid attempt you used 1out of 5 lives etc so having to reset password route every time.

Have you cleared your cookies & tmp files?? also see post #1 & read other posts in thread

The forum didn't recognise me and I had to log in. I went to the "login" at the top of the page, but there was no box to enter a password, so I was rejected , twice. Even though I wasn't shown as a user or shown as logged on, I went to post and at that stage I was asked to log in, and on this occasion, A password box did appear.

Looking through new poast ( rhymes with toast but should be post), I see that there are multiple entries for the same thread. I thought it used to be that when someone posted in a thread with unread messages, the new meassage went to the top of the new posts list, and any previous post in that thred was taken off the list. This no longer seems to happen.

Soul Reaver 15.21 and Soul Reaver 17.02 in canvas question thread.

Also I was the last to post in this thread, and my post shows on my list of unread messages.

Shouldn't do that should it, my post should only show on other users lists, not mine.

the exact same thing happened to me as I was replying to the same thread

Nigel

Not sure if it's a forum bug or my PC's problem but when I click on the "go to the first new post" on any thread it loads the thread/page and counts down as the postings load but does not take me to the "newest post " it simply leaves me at the first post almost all the time which causes me to re-read parts of the thread to see where the new material begains. :(

Edited by abn deuce

Not sure if it's a forum bug or my PC's problem but when I click on the "go to the first new post" on any thread it loads the thread/page and counts down as the postings load but does not take me to the "newest post " it simply leaves me at the first post almost all the time which causes me to re-read parts of the thread to see where the new material begains. :(

see post 36

May have been said before but will tell anyway.

When clicking "go to first new post" it takes me to the last page with new replys, NOT to the actuall first unread posting.

Is no one bothering to read this thread or read the Bug Tracker :whistle:

I had read the all the posts and debated if I should make a post .... I should have in hind sight re-checked the postings again before I did SORRY ! Safariswing . I know the problems will be sorted out and that the patch will fix a number of things , since I had not seen the problem posted and not sure it might be at my PC I asked .

If anyone has any bugs to report then please do it here after reading this thread & the bug tracker first to see if they have already been reported...

If you just want to whinge that you don't like it or make smart comments then TBH I'm not interested... we've got our hands full working behind the scenes getting the forum back to how we want it.

Also, one of my personal favourites about the old layout was that when I scrolled down to the bottom, you could easily see recent posts, whos online all at a glance and also look at ramdom photos from members galleries (which got me into looking at more photos from there on!)

We were using third party tools for this, these tools are not yet available for the new version of the forum software. As soon as they are available we'll install them here.

Not a bug but for those that keep saying they don't like the new advance attachement uploader... turn it off...

Personally I think it's great & saves having to re-upload photos you want to repost into other threads, drag & drop, you can see at a glance ALL the photos you have uploaded to the forum, easy to use.

Joris installed a new Forum Template this morning & a new bug has popped up, when replying to a post the usual editor doesn't pop up, just the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen... we will get this fixed asap..

Fixed...

Edited by Marmite!!

Joris installed a new Forum Template this morning & a new bug has popped up, when replying to a post the usual editor doesn't pop up, just the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen... we will get this fixed asap..

I'm writing this as Reply with Quote, which I think it is doing although it calls itself Quick Reply. I could get used to it, not a big deal. Ah preview is not so easy will have to go into Advanced for that.

Yes that was ok in Preview. Only problem of leaving it like that it might tend to make us less likely to check what we write before posting. I have had to correct about a dozen of my dyslexations in this short piece alone!

Edited by fv1609
dyslexation that I missed even after third checking!