Forum Bugs 2

Marmite!!

Joris has installed the first Patch that was released, I've started a new Bug Tracker, please report any new Bugs or Bugs that may not of been fixed with the first Patch.

It would help us if you can tell us which Browser & the version you are using when reporting bugs...

Before reporting a bug please see if it's been reported here first http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?16562-Forum-Bug-Tracker&p=183460

Edited by Marmite!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forum didn't recognise me and I had to log in. I went to the "login" at the top of the page, but there was no box to enter a password, so I was rejected , twice. Even though I wasn't shown as a user or shown as logged on, I went to post and at that stage I was asked to log in, and on this occasion, A password box did appear.

Looking through new poast ( rhymes with toast but should be post), I see that there are multiple entries for the same thread. I thought it used to be that when someone posted in a thread with unread messages, the new meassage went to the top of the new posts list, and any previous post in that thred was taken off the list. This no longer seems to happen.

Soul Reaver 15.21 and Soul Reaver 17.02 in canvas question thread.

Also I was the last to post in this thread, and my post shows on my list of unread messages.

Shouldn't do that should it, my post should only show on other users lists, not mine.

Edited by antarmike
circumstances change

The forum didn't recognise me and I had to log in. I went to the "login" at the top of the page, but there was no box to enter a password, so I was rejected , twice. Even though I wasn't shown as a user or shown as logged on, I went to post and at that stage I was asked to log in, and on this occasion, A password box did appear.

Thsi may be because the forum had just been updated... clear cookies etc...

Looking through new poast

Where are you seeing "Poast" ???

Shouldn't do that should it, my post should only show on other users lists, not mine.

Think it does in this version of the software..

I see that there are multiple entries for the same thread

As Chris said, two different threads...

Well you are just trying to confuse me aren't you, two posts with the same name. After a week at work who is supposed to notice that....

Poast is my spelling mistake.....I just like the look of it so I thought I would leave it and rather than edit it away, I just commented that I kneww it was wrong.

Still think there is a problem with login box at top of page not connecting with a password box...

I don't know, it just says it is part of windows XP?

Go to start menu, click run, copy & paste this in

cmd /k reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" /v Version

Then copy & paste results here, we can only get proper support if we list the Browser Version that the error is occuring on..

won't let me copy but says version REG-SZ 7.0.5730.11

You need to run Windows update then... Latest version REG_SZ 8.0.6001.18865 the forum software will be built around the latest operating systems. recommend updating your browsers to latest versions whatever you use

won't let me copy

Right click, select all, Ctrl C....

Edited by Marmite!!

Upgraded to internet explorer *, came back to Forum, I was still logged on, I logged off, and tried to log in again and still no password box. I came to this thread, chose reply, and got offered user name and password boxes. I don't get the password box, from the login at top right of page even with new browser.

* REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Version REG_SZ 8.0.6001.18702

>

Edited by antarmike

Checked it again, definitely no way of logging in from top rH box!

Could be an AOL problem then?? AOL is well know for blocking some webpage content... just checked the support Bug tracker & no one has reported this problem yet...

Anyone else getting this problem??

Yep same problem here as well, since this new forum layout i have to keep logging in every time the remember me button certainly is not working lets return to the old system and layout when it aint broken leave well alone

Please read previous Bug's thread as to reason WE HAD TO CHANGE we don't do this for the fun of it http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?16435-Forum-Bugs

As requested operating system/browser & browser version???

Edited by Marmite!!

Could be an AOL problem then?? AOL is well know for blocking some webpage content... just checked the support Bug tracker & no one has reported this problem yet...

Anyone else getting this problem??

Yes to log in I've got to reply to a thread then it says not logged in and comes up with user name & password

This is running XP & explorer8. I'll try the other computer later

Yes to log in I've got to reply to a thread then it says not logged in and comes up with user name & password

This is running XP & explorer8. I'll try the other computer later

Have you tried clearing your cookies & tmp internet files (maybe Browser history too) Chris?