• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi adrian

it's looking good, real good. i read the article in CMV and it really is a nice job, i particulary liked the shiny ammo.

it's no small undertaking, the restoration of an empty hull and it's a credit to the guys that rebuilt it and to your perseverance and commitment. some would say that with the price of ww2 armour being so high these days that it's a pure money making enterprise and that you've ended up with a small fortune which is true but only because you started off with a large one :-D. restoring tanks is a great big money pit and is something that not many are willing to undertake. so i salute you and look forward to the day i can drive my cromwell into the arena with your achilles.

all the best

rick

ps. my grandad was a desert rat and so was i. good choice !

Adrian, Nice to see her out and about....however considering the short comings in Sherman based vehicles in terms of offroad capability especially without rubber or steel chevrons do you have to be carefull where you take it? I.e. I imagine wet grassy fields could be troublesome, I know they are from Land-Rover experience. More to the point....who is going to tow you out!

Adrian, Nice to see her out and about....however considering the short comings in Sherman based vehicles in terms of offroad capability especially without rubber or steel chevrons do you have to be carefull where you take it? I.e. I imagine wet grassy fields could be troublesome, I know they are from Land-Rover experience. More to the point....who is going to tow you out!

Hi Alastair

You would be correct in your thinking re the narrow tracks of Sherman based vehicles off road, im not prepared to mess my silage fields up at this time of year even with the M10 . However if i did get stuck you are forgetting i have a Ward lafrance wrecker tucked up in my work shop for just that very occurence !!! , I took it down the lane Sat afternoon and gave it its first good run out , about 4.5 miles , it went very well .

Ahh Alastair, you must become accustomed to the art of Land-Rover drifting. One can make it through any wet field in a Land-Rover, 2nd gear and light application of throttle will see the machine sway sideways. Have your friends hum a ballet tune as you merrily dance your Landy across the field in varying arcs and figure eights. You will get there in the end, so long as you maintain momentum. :cool2:

Adrian, M10 drifting, lets see it :-D

• 2 weeks later...

I took the M10 out on New Year's Eve for it's first major road run (10 miles) along with my friends and their vehicles. It went superbly well, I hope you all enjoy the video!http://youtu.be/lAe7lcJ9lqQ

Something went wrong...

Edited by Joris
Embedded the video

Nice job, Adrian.

We started on ours in 2006 and had it ready for driving in 2009. Has been running since but not without difficulties: One bad diesel fuel tank, one crushed blower and problems with fuel filters - besides that nothing really. This picture was taken in august 2011. I hope you will have as much fun as we have had with our M10.

Cheers

Jens

DSC00675 1.jpg

Edited by lillejens

Your M10 is looking good Jens , sorry to hear you had a few problems with yours , we also had a couple of teething problems which are now well and trully sorted and it now goes very well as the youtube video shows , i dont know if you had to rebuild your engines but we had too as they were found to be incomplete and we took the opertunity to upgrade them and the decision payed off !!