sherman M4A4 (in France )

supertrack

Here is my biggest project restoration.un sherman M4A4 "t" or at least what is left. It is a sad state but it is already to start a catering complex.

I collected last year.

What do you think?:wow:

If you want to laugh do not worry!

There is no power train, no gear box, no engine, no turret, no gun, no bogies (all broken) just a bit of sherman tank

will do everything I can with my modest means to succeed to do something with it to begin serving pot of flowers is not so bad:flowers:

s33hxh.jpg

34ocwlf.jpg

2mx3ewo.jpg

296jdww.jpg

2hi8e95.jpg

rsh9w3.jpg

6zufdc.jpg

Hello Supertrack,

You have some massive project there. I think Adrian (amongst others) is the best person to give you Advice and Information as they have been there and done that. However, do you have a source for all of your missing parts?

Cheers, FB

To be precise it is an M4A4(T) wich means it is a post war modified M4A4 to have a Radial installed instead of the Multibank engine , French did a lot of rebuilds of these even top deck was taken from M4`s and M4a1`s

If you need help with wheels let me know .

To answer questions

I have no gray card

it is an half track behind it there.

For now it's just a restoration project because it is missing many parts.

I have been authorized to recover these two wrecks on a firing range of the French army

Both vehicles were destroyed, through a friend I got time

The chassis number is 5908

That's right, this is an M4A4 tank T, you can see the engine mounts star in the engine compartment.

wiros4.jpg

Here are pictures of the recovery of two vehicles.

I thank the French army for his help and that of my friends.

It was difficult but we managed.

We were stuck with the truck several times

the sherman in this state weighs 13 tons

We used 4 chain hoists to find the balance of the carcass.

It was a very rewarding day

15f0n4l.jpg

mtpd1j.jpg

24c8k1f.jpg

ff0nt3.jpg

2w4y2ys.jpg

15wc7pd.jpg

105o4yr.jpg

it seems quite ironic that these 2 vehicles are going to be restored in France by an obviously dedicated enthusiast yet the French authorities can allow 2 similar vehicles plus an m8 armoured car on the Le Clerc memorial on Utah Beach to fall into disrepair and crumble to dust due to a lack of a simple coat of paint

Nigel

it seems quite ironic that these 2 vehicles are going to be restored in France by an obviously dedicated enthusiast yet the French authorities can allow 2 similar vehicles plus an m8 armoured car on the Le Clerc memorial on Utah Beach to fall into disrepair and crumble to dust due to a lack of a simple coat of paint

Nigel

yes but i'd imagine that the authorities would make money on the sale of 2 vehicles they have never maintained

as opposed to spending money on vehicles they have to

yes but i'd imagine that the authorities would make money on the sale of 2 vehicles they have never maintained

as opposed to spending money on vehicles they have to

this is a good point but remember a major source of revenue for Normandy is battlefield tourism so unless they have something else to place at the memorial then surely this is not the best forward planning ,also remember this is a memorial to thier own troops

Nigel