Forum Bugs

Marmite!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be the place to say it but I would like to express my thanks to Joris and to Lee for all that they are doing to keep this thing going for us all . Being something of a technophobe my comprehension of the work you are having to do is limited to say the least but I do realise how frustrating it must be for you and all of the team . You're doing a great job , thank you so much for all that you do which mostly goes unnoticed and frequently unappreciated .

Here Here, I know you speak for all of us on here. We mere forum members have little idea how much time and effort (and cash) goes into maintaining the forum,I can only imagine.

I SALUTE YOU.

Hello chaps,

Think I might have uncovered a source of confusion - whenever I go to the main forum index (hmvf.co.uk/forumvb) it displays the homepage as if I haven't signed in (including the 'you may be new here, have you read the FAQ' text) but with the bold forum names on forums containing unread posts. If I click through into one of the forums though, it correctly shows me as signed in.

Yes, I have cleared my cache/cookies.

Some of the people complaining about having to sign in may actually be signed in - but the forum is incorrectly showing you the front page as if you haven't. Might be worth a try? Hopefully that narrows it down a bit...

I think the mods are doing a sterling job putting up with us lot :D

Stone

And pages which don't display correctly because images are over other images or text, display correctly if you refresh the page from the browser.

Mike I think this is because you may have a slow connection (because of the weather or, the whole country is sitting at home with nothing to do but look at the web) and you are not waiting for the whole page to load, when you refresh it catches up.

try reducing the amount of posts shown on each page in 'Forum settings'.

Mike I think this is because you may have a slow connection (because of the weather or, the whole country is sitting at home with nothing to do but look at the web) and you are not waiting for the whole page to load, when you refresh it catches up.

try reducing the amount of posts shown on each page in 'Forum settings'.

There is a confirmed bug with the attachments, hopefully this will be fixed with the first Patch release...

Even though I am logged on, I have just gone to "What's new" and my last post is listed there, showing my name as the last post. Is it supposed to show posts I have made myself, even though they maybe the lattest post in a thread?

Don't know?? the latest patch is due to be rolled out in the next few hours (so they tell us) so that should address a lot of the bugs.. probably end up with more new ones though...

Interesting one, I see I last visited the forum 01/01/70 which is probably before some of you were born & almost certainly before the designers of VBulletin :-D

Not really a problem as such, but just seemed odd.

Anyway it does correctly display my age which is 107.

In the general choice of smilies, there isn't one having a wink. Is possible to have a wink on there? I see below I can have a wink posted with title but not amongst all that lot that can de added to the text.

In the classifieds, is it possible to have a prefix "Free"? Useful when I am trying to unload something on the unsuspecting world.

Ok a patch has just been realeased which we hope will fix most of the Bugs, Joris hopes to get this installed tomorrow, the forum may be down for a while while this is installed, once installed I will start a new thread for any new bugs...

For info.... not that it will mean a lot to most of us:computerrage:

And Clive there is a wink (click "More") & you can correct your age by filling in your profile, by default the year of birth is set at 1902;)

Today we're announcing the availability of vBulletin 4.0.1 Maintenance Release of vBulletin Publishing Suite and vBulletin Forum.

4.0.1 fixes more than 200 bugs since the release of 4.0 Gold.

Highlights of what’s fixed in 4.0.1:

• [Tab Ordering] Added Tab Index Ordering

• [search] Added Search Results by Relevancy

• [iE6] Fixed: background images disappear in IE6

• [iE6] Fixed: Additional IE6 bug fixes.

• [iE6] Fixed IE6 issues in CMS home.

• [iE6] Post dates missing in IE6

• [iE6] Forum leaders page

• [iE6] Fixed CP CMS Section edit popup displays under other page elements in IE6.

• [iE8] Fixed post reputation in IE8

• [styleVar] Fixed StyleVars

• [styleVar] Added Stylevars for UserCP/Settings

• [Video] Fixed IE8 Bugs

• [sidebar Blocks] Fixed Sidebar handling of long title names

• [blogs] Lightbox doesn't work in Blogs including inline images

• [CMS] Fixed CMS Static HTML Widget

• [CMS] Fixed CMS PHP Direct Widget

• [CMS] Fixed CMS Category Bug

• [CMS] Widget Manager - When creating a new widget, widget type pull down should display in alphabetical order

• [CMS] Section Reset Ordering Bug

• [CMS] Please put CMS in /index.php and FORUMS in /forums/index.php

• [CMS] CMS Query Bug - Phase 1

• [Groups] Removed hardcoded phrases in Groups

• [Announcements] Fixed Announcement display problem

• [smilies] Fixed Smilie Path - Forced to use relative path

• [CSS] user defined Additional CSS to pages

• [CSS] Store CSS as files does not work

• [sitemap] Sitemap not being Recognized by Google (only Forums)

• [RTL] Problem in What's New Page when change Language R2L

• [RTL] editor icons problem

• [RTL] The new forum home sidebar does not move to the left when viewing the site in a RTL language.

• [RTL] Groups issues

• [RTL] Fixed RTL and IE7

• [style Manager] Unchecking style in Style Manager causes style issues

• ...and about 200 more bugs

We are currently working on 4.0.2 and this should be released in 2 to 3 weeks. Here is a list of fixes that have already been completed for 4.0.2:

• [Ads] Quote and Advert in First post content

• [search] "Find All Threads" by person

• [iE6] All remaining IE 6 Compatibility issues

• [CSS] CSS Caching Bugs

• [bB Codes] BB Codes tags should count against minimum text requirement

• [Lightbox] Date and name overlap in the Lightbox if the picture is relatively small

• [Tags] Edit Tags Degradation -> You cannot add any tags. Please remove some first.

• [Fixed Width] Doc Width - bug #35038

• [signatures] <p> cannot be used to enclose signatures

• [Languages] Stripped characters - ä,ö,å

• [settings] User link broken in Settings -> New Visitor Messages

• [Polls] Fixed issue with poll question too long error

• [Groups]: The "View All Groups" page needs significant improvements

• [Hook] Hook Member-Action Dropdown items unset problem

• [updated UI] User Settings Pages

• [updated UI] Registration Screens

• [updated UI] Advanced Search Pages

• [updated UI] Moderation Pop-up Menu

• [CMS Query Count] Reducing CMS Query Count - Phase 2

• [Language Support] Additional Charset Support

• [CMS Import] CMS Impex [beta]

• (new) [CMS] Articles can be sorted "Alphabetically", "

• (new) [CMS] Added Pagination to Section Pages. Pagination replaces the "View All" link.

• And about 100 more bugs.

As always, thanks to everyone who has filed bugs in our bug tracker

Ok a patch has just been realeased which we hope will fix most of the Bugs, Joris hopes to get this installed tomorrow, the forum may be down for a while while this is installed, once installed I will start a new thread for any new bugs...

B****y hell, everyhing seems alright to me, honest....:)

A couple of new ones have popped up for me:

1) The 'reply to thread' button only appears at the top of each page now - it used to appear top and bottom so now you have to scroll up and I'm lazy :-D

2) The tweaks to the HMVF theme have rendered links invisible (unclicked links are the same colour as normal text and the underline only appears when you mouseover a link, but you have to know it's there!)

3) The smiley size thing has recurred: when editing a post with a smiley in it comes out massive, and the sizes are wrong in the smilies box shown in the advanced edit / new post view.

Keep up the good work :)

Stone