Forum Bugs

Marmite!!

Please read the thread before posting bugs as they may of already been reported & you may find your answer there..

Yes but same of us like to repeat the same bugs/problems just to show how unhappy we are.......I am a grumpy old man after all.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also when viewing 'new posts' / 'what's new', it doesn't show unread posts 'from last visit' as before.

When viewing 'What's New' it still does not (unless I've got it wrong) identify those posts which are new from last visit. This was a most useful time-saving feature.

But that is a minor issue - more importantly there is no longer a free supply of chocolate biscuits in the clubhouse library. You guys had better sort that bloody quick or else :argh:

Edited by N.O.S.

When viewing 'What's New' it still does not (unless I've got it wrong) identify those posts which are new from last visit. This was a most useful time-saving feature.

Tony,

If you look just below and to the left of the "Whats new" button, there is one for "New posts", that will do what you are asking.

Tony,

If you look just below and to the left of the "Whats new" button, there is one for "New posts", that will do what you are asking.

Thanks Richard, but that seems to give exactly the same listing as 'What's New' :confused:

What I was after was the line on the old 'New Posts' list which said "The following threads have not been updated/added to since your last visit but contain unread posts". Each time I logged on I used to look at threads above this line to see if I wanted to read new posts - without that I won't know where to stop looking!

This still might be just a problem of me vs. technology :-D

On the PM facility, we had a limit of 250 messages ( IIRC), there is nothing to show on this upgrade, that I have seen that is. Perhaps there is no limit now, as on another forum using vBulletin there is no such limitation.

:undecided:

They will be at 250 again Richard

Copied over from another thread...

not keen on way we have to insert pics now will be using less ).......

You can change this in you forum settings...

Uncheck Enable Enhanced Attachment Uploading

The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option

Just looked at some of my early posts in the Unipower gallery and the lower half of all the posts is missing, ie the text I put undere the photographs is hidden under the next post. On these posts of mine the edit button is also lost under the next post. Whose idea is this new format and why can't we go back to the way it was which did actually work.

I feell the new format is a retrograde step.

I hope that I don't appear ungrateful but I still have to manually enter my name each time I log in and the cropping is unfortunate. I cannot help but agree with Antarmike on this one.

Will it ever work as well as before?:cry:

I hope that I don't appear ungrateful but I still have to manually enter my name each time I log in and the cropping is unfortunate. I cannot help but agree with Antarmike on this one.

Will it ever work as well as before?:cry:

Geeze.... lets put this one to bed now... we are putting in hundreds of hour in between us getting the forum back to how it was, as stated numerous times the forum template is temporary & WILL be sorted, this is brand new software & contains bugs... in fact there's dozens of bugs members are not even aware of, I've lost count of the hours I've put in testing every feature of the forum to uncover bugs & the forum was actually uploaded to our test site a couple of weeks ago & has been tested & worked on by Joris since then to get it somewhere near ready... so it had a lot of work put into it before it was even launched... the first Patch is due to be released early next week which should address some of the bugs.. There is nothing different to the last time we had a major software upgrade (after the big crash) & there was a lot of moaning going on then too... bottom line is that it will be as good if not better than it was last week...

I hope that I don't appear ungrateful

That's how it's coming across from some members....

I still have to manually enter my name each time

Have you cleared your cookies & tmp files as suggested???

This may not be the place to say it but I would like to express my thanks to Joris and to Lee for all that they are doing to keep this thing going for us all . Being something of a technophobe my comprehension of the work you are having to do is limited to say the least but I do realise how frustrating it must be for you and all of the team . You're doing a great job , thank you so much for all that you do which mostly goes unnoticed and frequently unappreciated .

I'm using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8. I am having no problems at all with logging in and viewing threads. It looks like people with older web browsers may need to upgrade them.

Correct Chris, as with all new software they are built to run with the latest Browsers, you should update your browsers for security reasons if nothing else...

This may not be the place to say it but I would like to express my thanks to Joris and to Lee for all that they are doing to keep this thing going for us all

Thanks for your comments Dave

Just to boost the mods morale, Keep up the good work as Snowtrac said the amount of work which is going on behind the scenes must be an awful lot.

Guys who are moaning out there, its a new year lets give the mods a good chance they probably know half the problems that you are posting anyway, let them alone and give them a chance to crack on with it .....

Have they let you all down before....

My moan over sorry....................

Just to boost the mods morale, Keep up the good work as Snowtrac said the amount of work which is going on behind the scenes must be an awful lot.

Guys who are moaning out there, its a new year lets give the mods a good chance they probably know half the problems that you are posting anyway, let them alone and give them a chance to crack on with it .....

Have they let you all down before....

My moan over sorry....................

I agree

new year, new style of forum

keep it up mods

Mark