Forum Bugs

Marmite!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about BUG as such, but I've just worked out why it seems so different -

Scribble is smaller. It used to be this size (2) which was easy to read and allowed you to drop down a size (1) when you wanted to.

Also when viewing 'new posts' / 'what's new', it doesn't show unread posts 'from last visit' as before.

Certainly faster though!

Edited by Joris

Some of the smilies are being displayed with the wrong sizes in the new post advanced view - the ones that are bigger or smaller than average are being resized or cropped to fit a grid pattern. Earlier they were coming out massive in the post previews but that seems to have been fixed...?

Can we have the 'quick reply to this thread' feature back, please? :)

[edit: Also, maybe it's time to revisit the first group of boards being called 'The Forum' - there are now two confusing links at the top of the thread view: 'Forum' (takes you back to the forum root) and 'The Forum' (which takes you to the first group of forums). Not sure what to rename it to but 'The Forum' is definitely a bit broad for what is quite a small chunk of the total threads.

Stone

Edited by Joris

[edit: Also, maybe it's time to revisit the first group of boards being called 'The Forum' - there are now two confusing links at the top of the thread view: 'Forum' (takes you back to the forum root) and 'The Forum' (which takes you to the first group of forums). Not sure what to rename it to but 'The Forum' is definitely a bit broad for what is quite a small chunk of the total threads.]

Stone

This was easy to fix, renamed it to "General Topics"

I don't know about BUG as such, but I've just worked out why it seems so different -

Scribble is smaller. It used to be this size (2) which was easy to read and allowed you to drop down a size (1) when you wanted to.

Also when viewing 'new posts' / 'what's new', it doesn't show unread posts 'from last visit' as before.

Certainly faster though!

Font size increased.

Some of the smilies are being displayed with the wrong sizes in the new post advanced view - the ones that are bigger or smaller than average are being resized or cropped to fit a grid pattern. Earlier they were coming out massive in the post previews but that seems to have been fixed...?

Changed the smiley order so only regular size smilies are displayed, all other are hidden below the [More] link.

system keeps telling me not authorised to post pictures and to log on still wont allow,am now stuck with management attachment tabs at bottom of page which I cant get rid of. I still want to post images.

Noted, will sort asap...

If you are having trouble pasting text into a reply then use the following... it's a bug in the software which will hopefully be fixed in the next Patch release.

If you move your mouse past the last line of your text and right-click, a different context-menu comes up where Paste is greyed out.

If your mouse is within the the text when you right-click (regardless of where the cursor is), the proper context menu comes up that includes the paste command.

Just a suggestion.

Would it be possible to box off the sticky posts of each section? I think all sections have quite a large but varied number of sticky posts, which most of us seen many times & have been stuck there for years.

Each subject section I view has these stickies, which one has to scan along to then find the top of the recent posts. They needn't be in a box just a thick line after the stickies. It would then make popping into the forum to see any new posts so much easier & quicker, thanks.

Just a suggestion.

Would it be possible to box off the sticky posts of each section? I think all sections have quite a large but varied number of sticky posts, which most of us seen many times & have been stuck there for years.

Each subject section I view has these stickies, which one has to scan along to then find the top of the recent posts. They needn't be in a box just a thick line after the stickies. It would then make popping into the forum to see any new posts so much easier & quicker, thanks.

Not sure where you mean Clive, I've just been through all the boards, removed 3 stickys from Mv chatter it now has 2 stickys. Tell us has 5 stickys, a couple of other boards have 2 stickys & a few have 1...????

Not sure where you mean Clive, I've just been through all the boards, removed 3 stickys from Mv chatter it now has 2 stickys. Tell us has 5 stickys, a couple of other boards have 2 stickys & a few have 1...????

OK Sorry there aren't so many stickies as I thought. But those that are there, can they be 'roped off' from the general day to day posts?

Just looked at some of my early posts in the Unipower gallery and the lower half of all the posts is missing, ie the text I put undere the photographs is hidden under the next post. On these posts of mine the edit button is also lost under the next post. Whose idea is this new format and why can't we go back to the way it was which did actually work.

I feell the new format is a retrograde step.

Just looked at some of my early posts in the Unipower gallery and the lower half of all the posts is missing, ie the text I put undere the photographs is hidden under the next post.

See posts #11 & 12

On these posts of mine the edit button is also lost under the next post. Whose idea is this new format and why can't we go back to the way it was which did actually work.

I feell the new format is a retrograde step.

As been stated numerous times it's going to take some time to get the template/forum settings how we need it, this is an upgraded version of the software we HAVE to use to get tech support from the developers... simple as that... We are busy with our day to day jobs as well as putting a lot of hours into getting the forum back up to scratch again.

Edited by Marmite!!

New version of the software will be released on monday, hopefully this will sort the image over text issue.

Also and I want to make this very clear, we do not have a choice but to upgrade to this new version of the software we are using. We could have postphoned it for a while but that would mean having these problems at a later moment.

We are simply following the upgrades the software company gives us.