Snow..

Marmite!!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lots of snow

Abi ;)

Edited to say heavy snow fall in east sussex has closed alot of the roads, many fools in non 4x4's eg bmw's thought that the country roads were best place to be trying out their new ice skaing moves :D

More forcasted down to minus 5 tonight, also lots of thunder n lightening :D Fun Fun Fun

snow.jpg

Edited by ABP23

Yippee have some real snow now.:yay:

Got a few inches friday.It came dow nice and heavy starting about 10am Saturday. Dot bat quickly so could not be bothered to ago out, will give it a go a bit later as the Landy could do with some petrol, assuming the petrol stations are open.

Antarmikes right about the idiots down here on the outskirts of the M25. Started showing everybody rushes to their cars and rush off and find somewhere to abandon them. There was only an inch or so of slush on the roads.

OK I and severak work colleagues rushed out, Xmas dinner day so had to get to the pub.

Just to back up the earlier statements on the stupidy of many people when it snows or is forecast.

Eveybody has a drive and garage in our road, most people use their drive fot at least one cars, afew actually put a car in the garage.OK the driveways all have slopes on them.

Give you one quess what happens when a snowflake falls or is forecast.

Yes you have got it. They all panic and move their cars into the road, footpath, where they stay until the show has gone. And of course they cannot park more than 5m from their house. There have been times when I have had to do a 3 pointer to get the car out, got knows how many that would have been with the fantastic turning capabilities of a S3 109.

They obviously do not like their cars and waNt to have somebody run into them.

What is wrong with people:banghead:

Mike

At last, some decent snow!!!:dancinggirls:

It started snowing here about 08:30 yesterday morning and was pretty heavy for a few hours. We must have about 6 inches of snow here. I cleaned the snow off the Surf last night to go into town to get some xmas presents and it took ages to clear all the snow.

Looking at the nearest official weather station data (RAF Benson - 5 miles away) the tempreature dropped to minus -14 deg C last night.:shocked:

The patio door frame is white with frost and the towl we have to help stop the draft has frozen to the frame.

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

It was cold here in Chesham last night as well. Not sure of the temperature but I went into the garage to get the shovel. The car was put away wet on Thursday and the water on the roof has frozen, never known it freeze in the garage before.

Any way just had to go for a drive, you know crhristmas presents to deliver, neighbours daughter to take to station.

Windscreen wiper blades did not seem to be very effective as are encased in alyer of ice, even with the heater on the windscreen.

Hour and half or so of driving and the show on the bonnet and wings has melted from the engine heat. Mind you has formed some nice icicles on the headlights

Mike

snow1.jpg

sbow2.jpg

I was down in Hemel Hempstead yesterday when it started snowing. It only took an inch to bring the whole town to gridlock. What is wrong with the average driver that they just cannot drive in snow, or realise it is not a good time to be trying?

just down the road in Rickmansworth is the same,drivers have no idea ,I stopped my land rover and gave a woman in a new BMW a push and once she got going she stopped again to thank me!

I actually watched that one this afternoon, seeing them digging by lamplight. Some dedicated workers there.

Same on the roads in the sixties, gangs of men digging and gritting by hand, doubt you'd get many willing to do it these days. No issue of protective clothing or 'elf and safety in those days either.:D

Same on the roads in the sixties, gangs of men digging and gritting by hand, doubt you'd get many willing to do it these days. No issue of protective clothing or 'elf and safety in those days either.:D

Aye lad that's when men were men and they did it for the sake of the local community, these days it would be blow you jack I'm alright

Aye lad that's when men were men and they did it for the sake of the local community, these days it would be blow you jack I'm alright

They were also the days when snow was snow, and it was only ever severe and/or the wrong kind when it got to 2 foot deep.

Mind you having an office seat with a window overlooking a doctor's surgery car park does provide lots of entertainment. Most people have no idea.

Modern cars are good though, if they did not have rev limiters I am sure the bloke this morning (1-2" of slush) would have killed a few people when the valves left the engine.

Mike

Memory on the wander again. My best ever car in the snow was the Renault 4. Front wheel drive 998cc engine, fitted it with Kliber mud and snow tyres at about £13 each! Such extravegance!. went most places.

That reminds me of my first ever vehicle mini van. Put an 1100 engine in it fibre glass front and a set of Kliber 12" mud and snow tyres off a Hillman imp on the front. had to sledge hammer front footwells to get full lock. Dont remember driving it it snow but would travel great across ploughed fields etc never got stuck going out to mend tractors and crawlers Lasted about 6 months then floor and seats fell out wish i had looked after it and still owned it