Canadian bike

robin craig

Hi Robin,

Triumph TRW 500cc, I can't tell from this angle if it's a Mk 1, 2 or 3. Built between 1948 and 1965. Used mainly by the RAF and British army, but also Pakistan, Canada (as this one is), and apparently the Paris Police.

And I want one!

Hello Robert,

no, but close. I think there were two bikes built for the film, one beefed up for the actual barbed wire fence jump, and one for still photo shots. Subtle differences between the two, but as far as I know both where 1960 Triumph T110's

The "great escape" Triumphs (there were indeed two) were 1961 TR6 Trophybirds modified to look a bit more the part with a bathtub front mudguard, a '54 T100/T110 "wavy rim" front wheel and fork sliders, a solo saddle (probably a bates), and an Ariel W/NG rear carrier.

Edited by Stefano

Dear ROBIN> I am currently in the prcess of rebuilding a TRW. I was wondering if you could contact your friend that owns that bike and ask if he has any parts available. I am in Canada and could see by the uniforms th parade was Canadian. Your help would be appreciated

• 5 months later...