irish landsverk

railwaylad

ireland purchaes eight landsverk L180 armoured cars from the swedish firm ab landsverk in the mid to late 30s the L180s were built on the chassis of a scania three axel truck and were powered by a bussing nag v8 it had a crew of 5 its armour was 5-8mm thick armament 20mm anti tank gun and two 303 mgs they were in service with the irish army ontill the mid to late 80s three were scraped but 5 still servive today,,photo "1" transport museum dublin "2" curragh camp co kildare "3" under restoration private owner netherlands "4"axvall armour museum sweden "5" amerfoort museum netherlands.

100_1440.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

4,08 nederland.jpg

'axvall'.JPG

landsverk amerfoort museum nederlands x irish army.jpg

Edited by railwaylad

• 5 weeks later...

is there not one of the l180 in cork {private owner} he got it from the curragh as a restoration project i belive it was in a bad way with noth left on it i think it had been use to keep the rest of them running. this photo was a good fue years before it was sold.

lv.jpg

Not a Landsverk........but a Irish built armoured car, a 1941 Thompson Ford MkVI. A link posted here shows one laying in a field in North Wales, apparantly there only about four survivors. Preston Isaac had one in his museum until recently when it went to an Irish museum.

www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1103842

The photo was taken about 3 years ago, so may not be there now.

is there not one of the l180 in cork {private owner} he got it from the curragh as a restoration project i belive it was in a bad way with noth left on it i think it had been use to keep the rest of them running. this photo was a good fue years before it was sold.

the guy in cork/kerry sold it in 2005 to that private owner in the netherlands he had the ongoing restoration on the internet ;;; search under landsverk m38