Sankey duckboard help please

I've only got a narrow track so my measurements won't help, but If I needed to remake mine (which I do...and soon) I'd use the internal buck dimensions taking off about an inch from around the edge, the batton used is about 1"x1/2", you know from the pic how many lengths needed, a bit of maths later will give you the spacing and total length of batton required, throw in a selection of galvanised or zinc nails and Bob's your uncle.

I would suggest using pressure treated or tanalised wood as this will see off the rot for much longer.

Attached is a picture I grabbed from the web somewhere.

We have two of the drop tailgate wide track trailers but no duck boards.

Can anyone dimension this picture or send me a sketch with dimensions and a note as to what material the boards are made of please?

Robin

Robin,

Pics of trailers at a previous Withams sale. Looking at the pics whilst previewing my post I've noticed two different designs of boarding so I might of made it worse for you!

Andy

Edited by ferrettkitt
didn't make sense

Attached is a picture I grabbed from the web somewhere.

We have two of the drop tailgate wide track trailers but no duck boards.

Can anyone dimension this picture or send me a sketch with dimensions and a note as to what material the boards are made of please?

Robin

I have TWO for sale if anyone is interested?.............:coffee:

Cant remeber if they are for narrow, or widetrack though?

Mike