11 dukws ******NOT FOR SALE******

commander

We went to look at 11 DUKWS on Friday that we had been told about that were

for sale at £600 each expecting it to turn out to be a wild goose chase of we went

after finding the farm and being directed to where they were "WOW There Real"

what a shock awaited us when we got into the field we were to late time had

taken it's toll below is the sight that greeted us

Commander

moto_0102.jpg

moto_0111.jpg

moto_0113.jpg

moto_0114.jpg

moto_0101.jpg

Edited by commander
spelling

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rearly sad part is the farmer is going to get the scrap man in this week with the torch and cut them up for scrap that is were the price of £600 each came from the

estimated scrap value apparently the owner just left them there and never came back

and the farmer wants shut of them

Commander

Hi - just to end any speculation about these DUKW's they were part of the Glyne Hewitt collection, he has been suffering from ill health for the past few years and has sold off his better more restorable examples in the past two years.

I bought these remnants off him earlier this year and am in the process of stripping them of usefull parts and spares - though as can be seen there aren't that many usable items on some of them.

Most of the better items were stripped and moved to my stores in Leicester a few months ago, I have 8 usable and restorable DUKW's and make new hulls for them at my fabrication company.

Alarmed at the posting I have spoken to the farmer who own's the field they are on and he assures me he has made no move to scrap or sell these.

I will be seing him on thursday to arange the next clearout as he has a telehoist which we use to shift the larger items.We have a Stalwart with hiab to take to the site to do the main dissmantling and shifting.

I can assure you if anything is worth having off these then I will be recycling the parts and , believe it or not some of these wrecks will actually swim again ( you should see my previous projects!!)

I will post photo's and other projects when I've 5 mins - DUKWMAN

Alarmed at the posting I have spoken to the farmer who own's the field they are on and he assures me he has made no move to scrap or sell these.

Hi Dukwman,

not meaning to be rude but could you please post an intro in the Introductions Board as requested so we know who we are talking to as anyone could of come on here claiming to be the owner..

Commander, could you explain how you came to believe these were for sale? I take it you had permission to take the photos?

Hi Safariswing

Sorry but I've somewhat rushed to get on-line and will have a go at the intro board.

I'm fairly well known in amphibious circles - having a Gaz46 and Schwimmwagen amongst other swimmers in my collection. Will fill intro in now.

Hi Safariswing

Sorry but I've somewhat rushed to get on-line and will have a go at the intro board.

I'm fairly well known in amphibious circles - having a Gaz46 and Schwimmwagen amongst other swimmers in my collection. Will fill intro in now.

No problem mate, no offence intended

Cheers Lee