Outrageous auction price.

mark m uk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the additional information, Enigma.

Can you clarify this business about the D bales being stainless. All my fixed bales (about 15) have stainless bales, my swivels are about 25% stainless.

The only D bale I have is a semi relic, and has steel bale - i assumed it was a fake/repro, because the bale was not Stainless.

Hopefully you will be able to help me understand a little more about the US M1 helmets I have.

Regards Mark.

Mark, are any of the helmets for sale?

Best regards,

Richard......

P.S. Hopefully you will be able to help with the German stuff too :-D

1altered.jpg

Hi there,Mark.Are any of the helmets for sale?

Best regards,

Richard.

It just amazes me people pay that sort of money for that type of stuff, after all its pretty personal to the individual.

For example VC's, people pay huge for them, even if the holder of the VC is alive, which is weird, as it isnt the medal its the individuals act that counts, if i was Pvt Beharry, i would be out flogging it for as much as i could get, and wear a good copy, he is still the original winner of it.

Its like the owner gains a certain cache, or becomes the moral guardian from ownership, or hopes some of it rubs off or something.

Fools and their money!

Anybody wanting to buy my gongs for vast amounts, please P.M. me!!:-D

I think the simple answer in most cases is supply and demand,if a wealthy collector sets his heart on something he will pay almost anything for it ,at least they can do it legally and show their possensions to interested parties what about the trade in stolen art treasures that has gone on for years ,there is always someone willing to buy but then they must keep their aquisitions secret

Nigel

:-D..........Yep Ashley, you certainly know your stuff - Enigma wrote that you were the resident German helmet expert.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours :-D

regards Mark.

I shall probably have to do it by PM but heres a couple to peruse a nice M16 standard camo (1918)

Also a m35 with subtle 2 tone green camo.

There are very few experts in this field due to the cunningness of fakers prepared to relieve hard working peoples of there monies.

I have had to give up collecting these purely due to the price of them.

Ashley

view left side.JPG

DSCF0238.JPG

sadly thee cunning fakers have now spread across all aspects of the hobby,you used to be quite safe collecting British ww2 gear but due to scarcity much of this is now being copied and sold as original ,para gear is a good example it is getting quite hard to find dispatch riders helmets now as so many have been converted to para helmets

Nigel